Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-29-2013, 01:42 PM   #1
taosaur
intelligent posterior
taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Samsung S8, Lenovo Tab 3 Pro
AZW3>EPUB conversions have tiny text on Google Play Books [Android]

I don't know if anyone else has tried it, but after converting an AZW3 to EPUB I uploaded it to Google Play Books. It was mostly successful, but font size was locked at an extremely small setting and couldn't be adjusted in the GPB Android app. I tried tweaking conversion settings and going EPUB to EPUB with no luck. My goal was to be able to both read in GPB and use the high quality text-to-speech. I can do the latter, but the text is way too small for extended reading, so I'm switching back and forth between reading apps and manually finding my place. The EPUBs work normally in Mantano.

ETA: And the simple solution, I've now confirmed, is to buy ADE EPUBs (from Google or elsewhere) in the first place, get them into my Calibre library via the method that shall not be named, and then re-upload them to Google. Maybe I'll just suffer through app-switching my current read and keep the limitations of Amazon>Google conversions in mind for the future.

Last edited by taosaur; 10-29-2013 at 02:10 PM.
taosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 09:49 PM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by taosaur View Post
I don't know if anyone else has tried it, but after converting an AZW3 to EPUB I uploaded it to Google Play Books. It was mostly successful, but font size was locked at an extremely small setting and couldn't be adjusted in the GPB Android app.
You don't say what version of calibre you are using. If you are not using calibre version 1.8 upgrade and try again. You may also find this thread of interest.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-30-2013, 12:47 AM   #3
taosaur
intelligent posterior
taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post
You don't say what version of calibre you are using. If you are not using calibre version 1.8 upgrade and try again. You may also find this thread of interest.
Thank you for the link and the suggestion to try again with the latest update. I had upgraded to 1.8 since attempting the conversions, but hadn't attempted the conversion since updating--tried again just now, and the new EPUB works!
Old 10-30-2013, 02:04 AM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by taosaur View Post
Thank you for the link and the suggestion to try again with the latest update. I had upgraded to 1.8 since attempting the conversions, but hadn't attempted the conversion since updating--tried again just now, and the new EPUB works!
You're welcome.

Fixes were added to versions 1.2 and 1.5 that corrected most of the odd GPB font issues.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 02:14 AM   #5
taosaur
intelligent posterior

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post
You're welcome.

Fixes were added to versions 1.2 and 1.5 that corrected most of the odd GPB font issues.
I could have sworn I was at least on 1.7, but I could be wrong. Either way, it worked with the current version on all default settings.
Advert