Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 01-14-2010, 04:52 AM   #1
Begemot
Zealot
Begemot has a certain pleonastic somethingBegemot has a certain pleonastic somethingBegemot has a certain pleonastic somethingBegemot has a certain pleonastic somethingBegemot has a certain pleonastic somethingBegemot has a certain pleonastic somethingBegemot has a certain pleonastic somethingBegemot has a certain pleonastic somethingBegemot has a certain pleonastic somethingBegemot has a certain pleonastic somethingBegemot has a certain pleonastic something

Device: Sony DPT-S1, Kindle DX, iPad, Kobo Mini,H20,iRiver StoryHD
Jetbook Lite search function - how good/easy is it?

Jetbook e-readers offer search functionality, a big plus in my book..

For those with the Lite version, do you find searching through books easy?

I understand keyword entry is T9 based, somewhat similar to word entry on a mobile.

Also, if the pdf reader is based on Foxit Reader(according to MobileRead wiki), then searching through appropriate PDFs(ones with actual text) should be possible. Can you indeed search through PDFs on a Jetbook?

I do not want to search through many books, but just inside the book, which I would be reading at the moment(for example a technical PDF file).

Reason I ask is that Jetbook is currently my top candidate for my first e-reader.
Begemot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 07:32 AM   #2
Kralik
Guru
Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Rooted NST
Sadly, search works for all except PDF and Secure (DRM) files.
Kralik is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert