Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 05-28-2009, 10:41 PM   #1
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Most feature packed reading software

One side effect of the epub extension discussion was that I took another look at all the things I can do with Mobipocket ebook. The following is a list of commands that you can write into an ebook:

* open
* close
* alert
* flash_message
* increase_font
* decrease_font
* browse
* display_tip
* play_music
* play_music_ex
* start_recorder
* start_popup_viewer
* start_external_app
* index_search
* filtered_index_search
* cond_index_search
* sql_search
* sql_bullet_search
* move_table
* display_bookmark_tip
* dial
* book_details
* category_details
* create_category
* back
* forward
* display_list
* activate
* add
* goto
* next
* previous
* details
* edit
* delete
* goto_page
* goto_page_relative
* goto_first_page
* goto_last_page
* goto_toc
* goto_guide
* search
* copy
* highlight
* annotate
* lookup

And this is all stuff I can do with MobiReader 4.8 (WinCE version), which came out 6 years ago. My current favorite ability is the open command. It turns out that I can have 2 Mobi ebooks open at one time on my Airpanel (one full screen and one in a window). It's not a big deal, but it is rather neat.

Is there any reading software that can match it?
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 08:35 AM   #2
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
a new trick

Did you know that the WinCE version of MobiReader has a hidden 2 column mode? As far as I can tell, it's only available to a particular screen geometry, 640x240. This morning I used that second window trick to open a new window with the right shape. Opening the Settings menu in this window gave me access to the multicolumn mode, which I now have running on the full screen as well. Sweet.

P.S. In case anyone is interested, the attached files will help you do it.
Attached Files
File Type: zip neat column trick.zip (129.0 KB, 280 views)
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert