Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-07-2008, 11:14 AM   #1
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Car charger for the Kindle

Has anyone bought a charger for the car that works with the kindle?
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 11:38 AM   #2
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
I bought one from Gomadic with the interchangeable tips for the Kindle and my GPS. May get another tip for my Palm.

Edit: That reads a little unclear. It's one universal car charger with interchangeable tips.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-07-2008, 11:39 AM   #3
MoSo
Crankier than average
MoSo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.MoSo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.MoSo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.MoSo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle #1, Kindle #2; internet appliance - The Chumby.
Yep: the "i-Go" off of Amazon. Buying the base unit isn't enough, you need to buy the correct tip for the Kindle as well.

I also have a 110V inverter that plugs into the lighter socket and then has two regular wall-style outlets to plug anything into - for that one you just carry the Kindle's regular charger. To me, it's a little easier to use, as, when I travel long distances, I have to take the regular wall wart chargers for things (laptop, cell phone, Kindle, iPod) anyway. So rather than pack the wall chargers AND a specialty car charger for each, I just pack the one set and the inverter. You can find those at any electronics store.
MoSo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 08:42 PM   #4
bernilynn
bernilynn began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle; Centro
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Has anyone bought a charger for the car that works with the kindle?
I also bought the GoMadic, since I spend most of my summer on a boat, where space (and the number of DC outlets) is limited. I bought the double charger, so my Kindle goes on one side and my Centro on the other. It works perfectly.

Berni
bernilynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 06:28 PM   #5
geko29
geko29 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Can't beat This deal from Radio Shack. They're on clearance for $1.97 in stores (not available online), and work like a champ.
geko29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert