Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 02-14-2011, 01:03 PM   #1
Eaglebeak60
Chris
Eaglebeak60 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Save template for sending books to Kindle 3

HI! I am sorry if this has been posted before, I am trying to get my kindle 3 to accept series, I am in need of the proper syntax to put in the save template. I have tried messing around with it with no positive results. I have the latest version of Calibre.
THis is the current way I have it setup
{author_sort}/{title} - {series_index:>3s}/{series} - {authors}

is this correct?? if not what am I missing

Thank you
Chris

Eaglebeak60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 01:28 PM   #2
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
The save template (which one are we talking about, by the way- device or disk?) only defines where the file will be saved. From what I know, the Kindles ignore that information completely. You're probably looking for something like plugboards, but I'll let a Kindle user answer that.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-14-2011, 06:12 PM   #3
dwig
Wizard
dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Current:Surface Go & Kindle 3 - Retired: DellV8p, Clie UX50, ...
If you're trying to get the series to display on the Kindle's home page then you need to use a Plug Board.

I transfer all of my books to my Kindle manually. I don't use Calibre as a library manager, only as a converter. I use "Save to Disk" to export my converted books to a holding folder which is later copied to my Kindle a some convenient time. I use a Save Template to format the filename and it does prepend the series data. The filename isn't displayed on the Kindle.

To have the series show on my Kindle I use a Plugboard, actually two. Both use the same Source Template. They are:
format: mobi
device: "FOLDER_DEVICE" on one and "save_to_disk" on the other
source template: {series:|| }{series_index:0>2s|[|] - }{title}
destination field: title

These embed the series info into the title which is displayed on the Kindle's Home screen. I prefer the series listed first followed by the actual title. That was all members of the series are listed togethern and sorted in order when sorted by title.
dwig is offline   Reply With Quote