Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-11-2009, 08:45 PM   #1
sparrow_knight
sparrow_knight began at the beginning.

Device: PRS 600
folder sequence problem

Hi!! All,

I'm very beginer for this helpful tools and while i'm try to convert my manga to lrf .I got the problem on folders sequence .

I have total of 11 folders of my manga that I name it manga 1 to manga 11.
Then I took all folder into the main folder name Manga.

I zip the main folder to Manga.cbr then use the calibre to convert Manga.cbr to Manga.lrf.

Everything went very well till finish convert process.

After I got manga.lrf, I preview it with sony library and the sequence of the pages was wrong.

It's seem that calibre convert the sub folder and put it in this sequence;

Manga11 - Manga1 to Manga 10 . as you can see the last folder name manga 11 was converted first.

My question is how can I correct this action or what to do?

I'm so sorry if my question is bother someone but I'm very beginer.

Thank for help.
sparrow_knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 07:39 AM   #2
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparrow_knight View Post
Manga11 - Manga1 to Manga 10 . as you can see the last folder name manga 11 was converted first.

My question is how can I correct this action or what to do?
Put a 0 in front of 1 - 9. E.G. Manga01, Managa02, Managa03 ...
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 09:20 AM   #3
sparrow_knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by user_none View Post
Put a 0 in front of 1 - 9. E.G. Manga01, Managa02, Managa03 ...
Thank for your suggestion , I did try and it not work.
Old 12-12-2009, 09:54 PM   #4
Sabardeyn
Guru
Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC (Calibre), Nexus 7 2013 (Moon+ Pro), HTC HD2/Leo (Freda)
just a wild shot...

I've seen a few file manipulation programs that act weird when using the File Open... menu option to select multiple files. Basically, the program can get "stuck" on a file that is at the top/bottom of the selected files. (This happens whether CTRL+clicking random files, selecting a range with Shift+click, or clicking to set the focus on a file and then selecting all files with CTRL+A.) I've only seen this in specific programs, not generally in any Windows File Open... file selector.

Anyway, when this happens, all of the selected files are listed in the File Name field. If you place the cursor in this field, press the Home key and slowly make your way through all of the listed files, you may find the files listed incorrectly. Instead of Manga1, Manga2, etc you might have Manga11, Manga1, Manga2. Because Manga11 was the first (or last) file that you clicked on. So the file selector gets "stuck" adding that specific file first and then everything else selected.

I hope this makes sense. It is odd behavior that I cannot remember happening prior to a few years ago.
Sabardeyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 12:16 AM   #5
sparrow_knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabardeyn View Post
just a wild shot...

I've seen a few file manipulation programs that act weird when using the File Open... menu option to select multiple files. Basically, the program can get "stuck" on a file that is at the top/bottom of the selected files. (This happens whether CTRL+clicking random files, selecting a range with Shift+click, or clicking to set the focus on a file and then selecting all files with CTRL+A.) I've only seen this in specific programs, not generally in any Windows File Open... file selector.

Anyway, when this happens, all of the selected files are listed in the File Name field. If you place the cursor in this field, press the Home key and slowly make your way through all of the listed files, you may find the files listed incorrectly. Instead of Manga1, Manga2, etc you might have Manga11, Manga1, Manga2. Because Manga11 was the first (or last) file that you clicked on. So the file selector gets "stuck" adding that specific file first and then everything else selected.

I hope this makes sense. It is odd behavior that I cannot remember happening prior to a few years ago.

Umm this getting harder.

In this case , How can we know that which file in the zip file will be the first one to be converted?
Old 12-14-2009, 08:05 PM   #6
Sabardeyn
Guru
Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC (Calibre), Nexus 7 2013 (Moon+ Pro), HTC HD2/Leo (Freda)
If something like this is happening, you will see the file names listed out of numerical order.

To correct things, just manually put them back in numerical order. Remove the name of the out-of-place file (including any quotation marks) and re-enter it in correct numerical order.
Sabardeyn is offline   Reply With Quote