Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 04-28-2017, 09:03 PM   #2731
The_Immortal
Connoisseur
The_Immortal began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo GLO HD, KOBO AURA ONE
Alan_S, thank you! I found it

But have another question now. I'm wondering is there an option which makes the device turned off? Actually I have a sleep case and every time when I close it the device goes to sleep mode. It's ok but as far as I know even in sleep mode the capacity of battery is going down, right? Or am I wrong about it?
So it would be nice if the device will go to shutdown mode after says 30 mins of sleeping.
Or maybe is it not worth it?

Thank you!
The_Immortal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 06:40 AM   #2732
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Battery does get used while sleeping, but it's very marginal. You can let it sleep for a month or two and it'll still be three quarters charged.
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 11:12 AM   #2733
Alan_S
Evangelist
Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Aura ONE
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Immortal View Post
Or maybe is it not worth it?
You can always manually power off device (press power button longer) if you know you want read it for a long time (I always do that).

But, if you know (or you're not quite sure about this) that you'll read soon enough (in day or two, even a week), it is better to have device in sleep mode then shut off.

Also, just to mention, you have option to put your device to sleep automatically, if you leave it powered on and go to do something else. It doesn't shut it off completely, but it is nice to have this option.
Alan_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 09:01 PM   #2734
The_Immortal
Connoisseur
The_Immortal began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo GLO HD, KOBO AURA ONE
Alan_S,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan_S View Post
Also, just to mention, you have option to put your device to sleep automatically, if you leave it powered on and go to do something else. It doesn't shut it off completely, but it is nice to have this option.
Could you tell me where can I find this option? Tried to find it but no got no success
The_Immortal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 09:09 AM   #2735
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It should be enabled by default with a 60-minute timeout. See https://github.com/koreader/koreader...ture-kobo-only
Old 05-01-2017, 04:11 PM   #2736
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Immortal View Post
Alan_S,Could you tell me where can I find this option? Tried to find it but no got no success
Well, the "settings.reader.lua" is the preferred place to keep such default settings, now. In this case you need something like this: ["auto_suspend_timeout_seconds"] = 480, (of course you can use your own timing) I find eight minutes works for me, I could use 60 * 8 instead of the 480. The current overall default is 60 * 60, one hour.

You can also change it In /koreader/frontend/ui/uimanager.lua Around line 720.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 05:51 PM   #2737
CH23
Bottom Text
CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Kobo Glo HD
Hi all,

Latest build doesn't allow me to connect to either of my Wi-Fi networks for different reasons, it seems.
I tried to connect via the 'Synchronize time' function

Network 1 is called • but shows up as __ in KOReader
Network 2 is called Example_Name42 with password n0t_t#e_re@l_one!

the above 'network 2' password is somewhat similar to my real password in character usage, but not the actual password, the SSID is also made up but similar to the real one

With Network 1 it fails to connect, after 'Authenticating...' it says 'timed out'
With Network 2 it says 'An error occurred while setting password.'

Both networks are WPA2 PSK, DHCP, and within reach.

Regards,
CH23
CH23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 11:46 AM   #2738
Frenzie
Wizard

Is that the same as this known issue? https://github.com/koreader/koreader/issues/2750
Old 05-17-2017, 12:56 PM   #2739
CH23
Bottom Text
CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzie View Post
Is that the same as this known issue? https://github.com/koreader/koreader/issues/2750
I'm sorry to say that it's not.

It has to do with character names in SSID(network 1), and possibly characters in passwords(network 2)
CH23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 01:48 PM   #2740
ebrahimpak
Zealot
ebrahimpak began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD / Kobo Aura ONE
Hi all,

So far the only way that I found for getting the Natural Light on Kobo Aura One, is starting Nickle and switching back to Koreader. Is there instead a straightforward method within the Koreader without the need for switching between the two readers?

Best,
Ebrahim

Last edited by ebrahimpak; 05-21-2017 at 01:55 PM.
ebrahimpak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 02:38 PM   #2741
Frenzie
Wizard

Not yet, but there is some progress: https://github.com/koreader/koreader...ment-302839041
Old 06-01-2017, 10:35 AM   #2742
ebrahimpak
Zealot

Hi everybody,

When I turn on my Aura One, it starts the Nickle rather than the Start Menu. I have to switch back from Nickel to Koreader each time. Nonetheless, this is not the case with Aura HD, and it goes directly to Start Menu upon start-up, allowing me to choose between any of the two readers. Any suggestions?

Best,
Abe
Old 06-01-2017, 01:08 PM   #2743
Alan_S
Evangelist
Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Aura ONE
Well, I think this is something with KSM, not koreader, so best course is to ask there. Tshering would know more.
Alan_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 01:53 PM   #2744
Frenzie
Wizard

There's a KSM setting for whether you want to load it every time. It defaults to loading Nickel every other time in case KSM doesn't work out on your device.
Old 06-02-2017, 04:25 AM   #2745
ebrahimpak
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzie View Post
There's a KSM setting for whether you want to load it every time. It defaults to loading Nickel every other time in case KSM doesn't work out on your device.
Thanks, but I have already tried it. It will start on Nickle each time.