Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-17-2019, 05:43 PM   #1
Rellwood
Library Breeder (She/Her)
Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD (1) PW3 (4) PW3 2019 new edition (1)
Calibre 32 installed instead of 64

If I uninstall Calibre to update it to 64bit (accidentally updated it with 32 when I normally had 64) will I have to save the plugin in folder? Or will it all be saved?
Rellwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 06:12 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rellwood View Post
If I uninstall Calibre to update it to 64bit (accidentally updated it with 32 when I normally had 64) will I have to save the plugin in folder? Or will it all be saved?
No changes needed.
Both versions use the same settings. Both can be installed. They only need different Shortcut icons (and the installer labels the version icons)
Only rule: Only 1 instance of Calibre can be running at any time.
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-17-2019, 06:45 PM   #3
Rellwood
Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks,

I remember having both on my computer at one time some time ago, and I remember the two icons.
Old 07-17-2019, 07:03 PM   #4
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
If you use the default locations (as defined by Microsoft) for 32bit and 64bit applications, Program Files (X86) and Program Files respectively, then:
  • the 32bit and 64bit versions will by default install into those locations and you will have a calibre2 folder in both,
  • and you'll have two entries in Programs (Apps) and Features,
  • and, if you use them, I assume you'll have two desktop icons
If you have both installed and you don't need the 32bit, then remove it via the Windows Control Panel or Settings applets.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 07:15 PM   #5
Rellwood

Oh, I don't have them both installed. This was from a long time ago, I remembered having two.

I actually am about to reinstall it now because I had uninstalled it earlier when I was having problems.

I am going to try the 3.45.2 that just came out.
Advert
Old 07-17-2019, 07:55 PM   #6
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
6 Tips to Stop Overthinking

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 08:47 PM   #7
Rellwood

LOL! Totally!