Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 07-17-2017, 07:02 PM   #61
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW 1, 2, and 3, Voyage, Oasis, Kindle Fire, Kobo Aura HD, Onyx Lynx
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Well, actually you could install Kobo's PC software and get your books that way without ADE being involved (and possibly directly off the device as well, not sure?). Using Kobo for PC along with Obok would be not much different I think than buying from Amazon and using Kindle for PC for downloads (what I do) along with Alf. BTW, I assume you mean make an account with Adobe, not Sony.
Sorry, you're right, I did mean Adobe.

I don't use Kindle for PC, I download directly from the Manage My Content page on Amazon's site. I used to have Kindle for PC installed, back when it was a way to manage collections, but now that the collections on the PC app no longer work that way, I don't have it on my PC anymore.

Quote:
No. It works in more countries than just the US, but is limited to certain countries and is limited to you having an Aura One (you can use it on other devices, but only if the account is also set up with an Aura One).
Shari
shalym is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:41 PM   #62
ottdmk
Guru
ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Blackberry Playbook, Lenovo Tab 2 A10-70
Quote:
Originally Posted by shalym View Post
PS...By the way...if I DID want to use a public library to read books, that works on my Kindle, as well, since I'm in the US. I know that it doesn't work that way in other countries, but then again, Overdrive on Kobo doesn't work in all countries either, does it?

Shari
Overdrive integration, which is only on the Kobo Aura One, only works in some countries, it's true. However you can use Adobe Digital Editions to put Overdrive books on any Kobo device, and I believe that works anywhere Overdrive does. I've made extensive use of that functionality. It's one of the things I love about my Kobo.
ottdmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:56 AM   #63
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Sony PRS-650, Sony PRS-T1, nook STR, iPad 4, iPhone 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottdmk View Post
Overdrive integration, which is only on the Kobo Aura One, only works in some countries, it's true. However you can use Adobe Digital Editions to put Overdrive books on any Kobo device, and I believe that works anywhere Overdrive does. I've made extensive use of that functionality. It's one of the things I love about my Kobo.
Just a side note. When you use ADE you want version 2.0.1 because OD needs at least that version ADE. And all later version ADE can download eBooks with a new unbreakable DRM that I have no idea if a Kobo will work with or not.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote