Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations > Book Clubs

Notices

View Poll Results: What will we discuss in Auguest, 2020
Gulp: Adventures on the Alimentary Canal by Mary Roach 1 20.00%
Sunshine Sketches of a Little Town by Stephen Leacock 3 60.00%
Bruno, Chief of Police by Martin Walker (APA Death in the Dordogne 2 40.00%
The Honey Bus: A Memoir of Loss, Courage and a Girl Saved by Bees by Meredith May 1 20.00%
Dark Tales by Shirley Jackson 2 40.00%
Welcome to the Monkey House by Kurt Vonnegut 0 0%
The Paper Menagerie by Ken Liu 2 40.00%
Made Things by Adrian Tchaikovsky 1 20.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-25-2020, 03:40 PM   #16
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
THIS IS NOT WHERE WE DISCUSS THE UPCOMING BOOK!!!

Please, there will be an open discussion. But there will not be one in the nomination or voting thread of this or any other book. Behave, or leave. Pure and simple.

Jon, I'm going to single you out in public, something I prefer not to do. Stop now! I've asked, more than once, in private. This is your LAST and FINAL warning.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2020, 05:48 PM   #17
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
At the risk of incurring Charlie’s wrath, I thought I’d say that Sunshine Sketches has been on my TBR for a long time, so that when I saw the posts here I thought I’d bump it up. I like it. It’s not uproarious, but it’s funny enough for my tastes and very effective as a snapshot of a time and place. And while I take astrangerhere’s reference to Winesburg, Ohio which I think is spot-on, I also get a distinct Mark Twain vibe.

I’m really just posting to say that it’s not as bad as all that, the contrary, in fact. It won’t make my ten-best list, but it’s a pleasant and amusing read, especially for summer. I’m glad the selection has got me to read it.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-27-2020, 01:49 PM   #18
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Libra H20, Kobo Aura One, KoboMini
I dropped it as well.
astrangerhere is offline   Reply With Quote