Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations > Book Clubs

Notices

Old 06-04-2020, 07:41 AM   #46
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrangerhere View Post
But with Moriarty, there was always the notion that the chase was still going. Holmes was always out to get him. Pedlar just...walked away.
No, he escaped from custody - seems a significant difference to me. He even writes to Anne two years later:
Quote:
Bless you, liquid eyes. Some day you will see what a mistake you have made in not marrying me.
Seems like an opening for a new adventure to me. Christie waits 12 years before she trots out dear old Colonel Race again; did it take her that long to give up on Anne the Adventuress? Because I figured Race would have to be in it, although my guess is that the macho husband would have to go (killed by lions off camera, before the next book starts, sort of thing), the kid we can send to boarding school. (But maybe I am letting my imagination get the better of me. )
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote