Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-08-2013, 01:21 AM   #166
MiniMouse
Groupie
MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Well, there will always be a big time delay because I'm not living in the US! And there could be some communication difficulties too because I'm not a native speaker!
Device: Sony PRS-T3S
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
BR I was thinking Stained Glass Also.

I wonder if there is a Stained Glass FONT to put the Title on with
OR I can leave you a one coloured window in the texture to put a title/author in it, if you want?

MiniMouse
MiniMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 04:11 AM   #167
MiniMouse
Groupie
MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Well, there will always be a big time delay because I'm not living in the US! And there could be some communication difficulties too because I'm not a native speaker!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabardeyn View Post
Interesting font, not sure though I would use them with this 'stained glass' texture. Grabbing now - I'm sure I find another use for it!

MiniMouse
Advert
Old 11-12-2013, 01:36 PM   #168
MiniMouse
Groupie

Some new covers, for you

This time I integrated some pictures I took in holidays. Don't know if anyone is interested in something like this, I'm especially proud of the sand castle cover though... and the stairs when I think about it.

Let me know what you think. Replies, questions and wishes are always welcome.

MiniMouse

Again, all covers are my own creation!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Linen Cover 11.jpg
Views:	816
Size:	152.6 KB
ID:	115072   Click image for larger version

Name:	Linen Cover 12.jpg
Views:	791
Size:	138.7 KB
ID:	115073   Click image for larger version

Name:	Leather Cover 10.jpg
Views:	805
Size:	94.9 KB
ID:	115076  
Attached Files
File Type: zip Linen Cover 11.zip (5.32 MB, 619 views)
File Type: zip Linen Cover 12.zip (5.70 MB, 597 views)
File Type: zip Leather Cover 10.zip (4.97 MB, 687 views)
Old 11-12-2013, 02:37 PM   #169
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Hey Mini, your stairs are

Now all we need someone to write a story that begs for that cover
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 03:31 PM   #170
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:

Mervyn Peake's Gormenghast trilogy came to mind, with Countess Gertrude ascending the stairs, skirts a'billowing

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 11-12-2013 at 03:35 PM.
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-13-2013, 01:03 PM   #171
MiniMouse
Groupie

Quote:

Thank you very much

And, well, with fanfiction there would be some Merlin, Harry Potter or even Sherlock stories that could go with these covers...sorry, lately only reading that

@BetterRed: You are reading interesting stuff! Never heard of Mervyn Peake's Gormenghast trilogy before your post. Well, always something new to learn...

for your replies! They are very welcome!!!!

Mini

And for all who are new to this thread or loosing the overview, look for links to all covers, textures, tutorials, zips for the Generate Cover Plugin etc. in the first post!

Last edited by MiniMouse; 11-13-2013 at 01:17 PM.
Old 11-13-2013, 07:19 PM   #172
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniMouse View Post
@BetterRed: You are reading interesting stuff! Never heard of Mervyn Peake's Gormenghast trilogy before your post. Well, always something new to learn...
Peake was also an illustrator, here's Alice

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 02:35 PM   #173
crutledge
eBook FANatic
crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP ipac RX5915 Wife's Kindle
MiniMouse,
This is an example of using your covers.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	cover.png
Views:	726
Size:	690.7 KB
ID:	123387  
crutledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 05:07 PM   #174
crutledge
eBook FANatic
crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

What I've done with one of your covers.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	cover.png
Views:	473
Size:	690.7 KB
ID:	123390  
Old 05-27-2014, 10:10 PM   #175
jersysman
Wizard
jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T1 Red, Kindle Fire, Kindle PW, PW2, Nook HD+, Kobo Mini, Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by crutledge View Post
Very nice cover. Any special program used to design this?
jersysman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 04:24 AM   #176
crutledge
eBook FANatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jersysman View Post
Very nice cover. Any special program used to design this?
Photoshop
Old 06-21-2014, 01:55 PM   #177
MiniMouse
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by crutledge View Post
Hey crutledge

Love that you love my covers

Yes, I'm finally back people! After a lot of renovation-work at my home (that took forever!!!) I finally found the time to get back here and start on a new cover. Crutledge motivated me

I'm not sure what to make, what you would like to have, what kind of ornaments, design, with or without book-edge... so you have to tell me. You can post me links to any covers or covers of mine you especially like and show me what you want to see more of.
(@crutledge: I tried to look up your covers but you are posting so much that I had trouble to really find out. So you have to tell me more to come up with stuff for you.)

So, what is new: I bought me a grafic-tablet and tried to draw an ornament myself (keep in mind that it is my first try... just saying). I'm not that good at drawing but not THAT bad either. You can see the result down below.

This cover is totally created by myself! If you want in detail what I did, just ask as many questions as you like, I will try to answer them.

As you can see it is only one cover in different colour and I also tried a more used look. What do you think?

Mini

For all who lost the overview in this thread, go to the first post to find links to all covers, examples, tutorials and drawings.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Linen Cover 15.jpg
Views:	994
Size:	103.8 KB
ID:	124447   Click image for larger version

Name:	Linen Cover 16.jpg
Views:	968
Size:	104.7 KB
ID:	124448   Click image for larger version

Name:	Linen Cover 17.jpg
Views:	896
Size:	138.3 KB
ID:	124464  
Attached Files
File Type: zip Linen Cover 15.zip (5.07 MB, 755 views)
File Type: zip Linen Cover 16.zip (5.03 MB, 750 views)
File Type: zip Linen Cover 17.zip (4.73 MB, 921 views)

Last edited by MiniMouse; 06-22-2014 at 08:26 AM.
Old 06-21-2014, 06:52 PM   #178
jersysman
Wizard
jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Nice to see you back MiniMouse. I missed you!
Old 06-22-2014, 03:34 AM   #179
MiniMouse
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jersysman View Post
Nice to see you back MiniMouse. I missed you!

It feels good to be back! Renovation-work sucks big time when you have to live in that chaos too.

Hope you can use what I came up with but if not, feel free to tell me what you are looking for.

Mini
Old 06-22-2014, 09:53 PM   #180
jersysman
Wizard

I usually just get whatever you and/or the others of this thread produce. I don't have a creative bone in my body, so I appreciate your work.