Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 04-30-2008, 07:25 PM   #16
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Is that a threat or promise? Promises are broken, threats are always kept.
His elevator doesn't go all the way to the top.
Can't carry a tune in a bucket.
A few tacos short of a combo platter.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 07:36 PM   #17
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
This "Unutterably Silly" suite is pretty interesting. It should have its own forum.
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-30-2008, 07:37 PM   #18
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
it already has its own tag.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 07:40 PM   #19
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood View Post
His elevator doesn't go all the way to the top.
very nice...

too many of mine depend on puns and you can't translate them.

here's one for making fun of someone butchering your language : "he speaks french like a spanish cow." can be applied to people with poor english skills as well ; spanish cows are notoriously bad at languages.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 08:30 PM   #20
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
catti-corners - Texan term for something on the far opposite side from the location you re describing. See drawing

I.........|
I.........|X
I..========
I.......Y|
I.........|

X is catti-corners to (or from) Y.

Last edited by Greg Anos; 04-30-2008 at 08:35 PM.
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-30-2008, 08:37 PM   #21
fifteenjugglers
fifteenjugglers doesn't litterfifteenjugglers doesn't litter

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
i think my favorite ones are the "few somethings short of a something" variety. which is in itself pretty good. in fact, i think next time i just say, verbatim, "he's a few somethings short of a something."
As a variation on gradations of somethingnesses how about "he's half a bubble off plumb"?
fifteenjugglers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 08:39 PM   #22
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by fifteenjugglers View Post
As a variation on gradations of somethingnesses how about "he's half a bubble off plumb"?
Oh, that was a good one. I just told it to a roomful of engineers. They loved it.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 08:52 PM   #23
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Well, being an Australian, I am completely unfamiliar with any colloquialisms, and might have to leave this thread alone.

Besides, today I'm as busy as a cat burying shit, and I'll be flat out like a lizard drinking all day. No doubt this banana bender'll end up as dry as a dead dingo's donger and I'll knock the top off a coldie later, no doubt.

So, rather than sitting here in this thread standing out like dogs' balls, I'll have to shoot through and be off like a bucket of prawns in the sun. I'll still be within cooee though, not down the far end of the long paddock, so if you want to give me an earbashing, don't get all cross as a frog in a sock. Just say g'day and I'll be down quicker than I can skull a throw-down.

Hooroo,
Marc (a coupla snags short of a barby)
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 08:54 PM   #24
sharpshin
sharpshin has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sharpshin has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sharpshin has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sharpshin has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Iliad V2
As they say in Texas: "He's all hat and no cattle."
sharpshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 09:04 PM   #25
fifteenjugglers

As sharp as a banana.
Old 04-30-2008, 09:08 PM   #26
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharpshin View Post
As they say in Texas: "He's all hat and no cattle."
Ya talkin' to me, ya drongo? 'S if y'are, fair suck of the sav', I'm up for a blue with ya, kinnoath mate, and I'll bail ya up! Stuff like that gets me mad as a cut snake, but'll let it go if ya shout tha nex' round. I'll 'ave a Bundy, thanks, cheers, no worries.

Marc (built like a brick shithouse and cunning as a dunny rat(*))

(* Note, this line, amongst others, is an outright porky )
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 09:11 PM   #27
fifteenjugglers

You've got a few roos loose in the top paddock there Marc
Old 04-30-2008, 09:11 PM   #28
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
This thread makes me more nervous than a long tail cat in a room full of rocking chairs... no, make that a sparrow at a skeet shooting contest. I've gotta tell you, I should probably stop reading this thread because I can't afford to pay attention.

Boy, I'm funnier than a screen door on a submarine

Heard said to Marty McFly... why don't you make like a tree and beat it.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 09:16 PM   #29
fifteenjugglers

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
why don't you make like a tree and beat it.

BOb
Is that similar to making like a shepherd, and getting the flock out of here?
Old 04-30-2008, 09:18 PM   #30
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by fifteenjugglers View Post
Is that similar to making like a shepherd, and getting the flock out of here?
No, more like make like a drum and leave.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
unutterable silliness