Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers

Notices

Old 10-03-2019, 01:29 PM   #1
bonnerable
Connoisseur
bonnerable possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timebonnerable possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timebonnerable possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timebonnerable possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timebonnerable possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timebonnerable possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timebonnerable possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timebonnerable possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timebonnerable possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timebonnerable possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timebonnerable possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Time

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G, Kobo Mini, Glo HD, Inkbook Prime HD, Kobo Libra
Always buy ereaders with screen backplate

TLDR; as per subject

I received my new Inkbook Prime HD last week Thursday but accidentally cracked the eink panel after two days (downward pressure was applied on the screen). Good thing I still have my Glo HD and probably won't be replacing it any time soon.

I opened the case to see if it's possible to replace it. Inside is just a motherboard and the battery. There's no backplate whatsoever unlike Kobo & Kindle. The only thing that separates the screen from the battery & motherboard is just a sticky cloth.

Inkbook made a number of cost cutting -- lack of screen backplate, the page turn buttons are flimsy and wiggle a lot, the front could have been more matte as it's still glary under direct light, the warm/night light is very subtle (sample of how it compares with competition Pocketbook TH3 vs. Inkbook Lumos) to name a few.

In case anyone wondering what the Pime HD looks like inside.
Eink lcd panel model number ED060KD1 (LF) C2-55.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20191004_004543.jpg
Views:	685
Size:	112.5 KB
ID:	173931   Click image for larger version

Name:	20191004_004533.jpg
Views:	695
Size:	148.9 KB
ID:	173932  

Last edited by bonnerable; 10-03-2019 at 01:44 PM.
bonnerable is offline   Reply With Quote