Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 03-12-2017, 06:25 AM   #601
Mark Nord
2B || !2B
Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS505/650/T1/tolino vision 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxaris View Post
...current version (1.7.x), ....
Wow, your homepage still says:
Current version is: ePUBTools 1.25.2 (July 12th – 2016)
MD5-hash: 2b9bef81dbd1b99cc5086d714be8836f
Mark Nord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 06:34 AM   #602
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Nord View Post
Wow, your homepage still says:
Current version is: ePUBTools 1.25.2 (July 12th – 2016)
MD5-hash: 2b9bef81dbd1b99cc5086d714be8836f
You are right of course, I meant 1.25.x/1.26.x. Version 1.7 is quite old...
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-13-2017, 03:11 PM   #603
Dillinquent
eBook pro
Dillinquent shares his or her toysDillinquent shares his or her toysDillinquent shares his or her toysDillinquent shares his or her toysDillinquent shares his or her toysDillinquent shares his or her toysDillinquent shares his or her toysDillinquent shares his or her toysDillinquent shares his or her toysDillinquent shares his or her toysDillinquent shares his or her toys

Device: PC, iPad, Kindle, Kindle Fire, Galaxy Ace
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxaris View Post
Why would you want to import the HTML manually into Sigil instead of using the 'export ePUB' function of the add-in? You can set it so that it will open the ePUB in Sigil after creation.
Actually I do it all the time.
I have some veeery long series that I'm doing so I have made template epubs that have everything set up - title page, opf, semantics, cover - the works.
All I have to do is import the cover & html, insert the title & ISBN, split & rename the chapters, generate the toc, and I'm done. It takes less than 5 mins from opening the template in Sigil to saving the checked finished product.

The <meta charset="utf-8"> thing has always (well, since it first started happening a couple years back) been a bit of a minor annoyance and complete mystery.

For one-offs the epub export is a more efficient workflow.
Dillinquent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 02:48 AM   #604
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinquent View Post
Actually I do it all the time.
I have some veeery long series that I'm doing so I have made template epubs that have everything set up - title page, opf, semantics, cover - the works.
All I have to do is import the cover & html, insert the title & ISBN, split & rename the chapters, generate the toc, and I'm done. It takes less than 5 mins from opening the template in Sigil to saving the checked finished product.

The <meta charset="utf-8"> thing has always (well, since it first started happening a couple years back) been a bit of a minor annoyance and complete mystery.

For one-offs the epub export is a more efficient workflow.
I have to check if I can retrace why that tag was inserted, but if I recall correctly it was there to ensure correct handling of the file as UTF-8. In the new library that line is no longer there I think, but that library will not be used in the 1.x versions due to various issues. I really wish I could give a date for the 2.x version, but I can't.
Old 05-01-2017, 01:02 PM   #605
2manymovies
2manymovies began at the beginning.

Device: None
Toxaris,

I'm brand new to this forum, but I wanted to ask if there's a more recent version of your Word add-in? I found the 1.25.2 and it's practically perfect. I'd be completely happy with it except that when I try to validate it here http://validator.idpf.org/application/validate, I keep getting this error:

Error while parsing file 'element "navMap" incomplete; missing required element "navPoint"'.

I've tried to figure out how to solve that error, but haven't been able to locate any OEBPS folder, etc. Please advise.

Thanks!
P.S. Trying to create an ePub 3 from Word 2010.

Last edited by 2manymovies; 05-01-2017 at 01:28 PM.
2manymovies is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-01-2017, 05:46 PM   #606
Toxaris
Wizard

No, version 1.25.2 is the latest version at the moment. I realize that this version is 10 months old and I am working on a large update. It is not finished however.

However, since the generation of the ePUB is done in a separate library, I think I can take a look at the library to see if it needs to be updated. The last time I checked the ePUB3 from the add-in, it validated without problems. That was another version of the validator though.
I will try to take look at it this week.
Old 05-01-2017, 06:38 PM   #607
2manymovies

Thank you! This is a truly fantastic tool.
Old 05-02-2017, 05:53 AM   #608
Toxaris
Wizard

I checked the code. Unfortunately it is not the library for generating the ePUB itself...

It is a bug I thought I fixed a long time ago, but apparently it is back again or it was my imagination. The last file will not have an entry in the NCX, so that means that if you do not automatically split the files during the generation, the NCX will be empty. If you do split, you will miss the last entry. Of course, the chapter is also missing the NAV document...

So, there will be an update soon for 1.x branch with a fix for this and some other functions that were already in the pipeline. It will not be the big update planned of course, but I feel this is too important.

In the meantime, I know that Sigil can recreate the NCX to fix this without manual interaction.
Old 05-02-2017, 09:14 AM   #609
2manymovies

Thank you, I'll give Sigil a whirl. Quite the learning curve in the epub world, isn't there?
Old 05-15-2017, 06:36 AM   #610
Toxaris
Wizard

I have release a new version, 1.26.0. It will be the last version in the 1.x branch. I have been working quite some time on the new 2.x branch, but I felt the issue in the 1.x branch reported above warranted an extra release.

Changelog can be found here.
Old 05-21-2017, 10:20 AM   #611
Leonatus
Wizard
Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara 2E, Tolino Shine 3
I downloaded and installed the recent Version on my Win 10, 32 bit engine. Postprocess OCR works, but at "Generate epub", there appears, after completing the metadata and clicking on "Generate epub", only "step 3/5 Add text". Nothing else happens; it simply hangs.
I tried this twice with both times the same result.
Leonatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 12:18 PM   #612
Toxaris
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonatus View Post
I downloaded and installed the recent Version on my Win 10, 32 bit engine. Postprocess OCR works, but at "Generate epub", there appears, after completing the metadata and clicking on "Generate epub", only "step 3/5 Add text". Nothing else happens; it simply hangs.
I tried this twice with both times the same result.
If that is happening, there is something in the text it doesn't like. If you are able to sent me the document, I can run the process in the debugger to see what it issue is.
Old 05-22-2017, 02:16 AM   #613
Leonatus
Wizard
Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thank you! I'll send a link as soon as I'm at home.
Old 05-22-2017, 08:18 AM   #614
Leonatus
Wizard

Link has been sent!
Fyi: I tried the procedure on my other computer (Win 10, 32 bit as well), with the same result.
Old 05-22-2017, 11:07 AM   #615
Toxaris
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonatus View Post
Link has been sent!
Fyi: I tried the procedure on my other computer (Win 10, 32 bit as well), with the same result.
Thanks, I will check it out tonight.

**Update**
I have checked your file and made a small update to the program. Version 1.26.1 is on my site.

Last edited by Toxaris; 05-22-2017 at 02:16 PM.