Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Editor

Notices

Old 10-27-2014, 05:53 PM   #1
Witkacy
Witkacy began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Epub - adding metadata jacket problem...

Hi guys,

I wish I could add a jacket with metadata to some of my epubs using calibre and plugin "LubimyCzytać" (PL), yet no luck so far... Everything looks great on PRS-505: title, author, publisher, tags, etc. but as it goes for so called comments - in other words - book's description - I have "?" marks instead Polish special characters...

It looks like:

"Pocz?tek II wojny ?wiatowej."

While it should look like:

"Początek II wojny światowej".

In the WHOLE epub I have Polish special characters - while doing conversion just for adding metadata did almost everything I guess: dig in css, set embedding fonts, coding is utf-8... No successful... I would be very much obliged for all tips and suggestions...

Thank you,

Witkacy
Witkacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 06:03 PM   #2
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
If your fonts are set using a special CSS class (as opposed to, say, redefining all <p> tags to use said font) it is probable the jacket is not setting the same classes.

The text is then using the the usual font... which doesn't have all the characters.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert