Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Server

Notices

Old 06-30-2021, 08:48 AM   #1
bhyde
bhyde is on a distinguished road

Device: Kobo Aura ONE
running calibre-server via launchd on macOS Big Sur

I have been running calibre-server via launchd for a while now, but not since upgrading to Big Sur.

I have a brief wrapper script (in bash). That works fine if I invoke it directly, but not when the launchd service uses it. I spy:

Quote:
Failed to open userdb database at /Users/.../Documents/calibre/users.sqlite with error: CantOpenError: unable to open database file
Which suggests Big Sur is try to protect me. As an experiment I tried granting full disk access but no luck.

Any suggetions? Does this work for anybody else? Thanks! - ben
bhyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2021, 09:01 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Move the user db somewhere apple will allow it. and specify the new path as a command line option to calibre-server
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-30-2021, 01:11 PM   #3
bhyde
bhyde is on a distinguished road

Device: Kobo Aura ONE
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Move the user db somewhere apple will allow it. and specify the new path as a command line option to calibre-server
That worked. I wish I knew were "somewhere apple will allow it" is documented, but this worked:

Code:
~/.config/calibre-server/users.sqlite
worked
bhyde is offline   Reply With Quote