Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 10-22-2021, 09:07 AM   #1
johnmcd
johnmcd began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
List of identifiers that calibre uses

Hi all,

Is there a list of identifiers that calibre supports/uses? I ran a 'calibredb list -f identifiers' command and here are the ones used in my library:

amazon
asin
doi
fwid
google
hardcover
isbn
isbn-hardcover
isbn-paperback
isbn-trade
isbn13-hardcover
isbn13-paperback
isbn13-trade
mobi-asin
paperback

Are all of these used for fetching metadata from online sources?

Thanks

John
johnmcd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2021, 09:54 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
metadata download plugins can define their own identifiers. So there is no central list.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2021, 10:10 AM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Identifiers (manual entry) is almost free-for-all the way Kovid did it.
Identifier-catagory:value
eg
Asile:23G4 (Asile 23 Bay G Shelf 4 )

So I find myself over in the Tag Browser and doing house keeping (purging those I care less about / or were garbage) in the Identifiers section
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2021, 02:57 PM   #4
johnmcd
johnmcd began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Thanks for the answers.
johnmcd is offline   Reply With Quote