Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Server

Notices

Old 10-01-2018, 07:23 AM   #16
ginsa
ginsa began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
can you ping your arch machine from the browser machine?
Yes, I can.
ginsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 09:27 AM   #17
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Use

ss -ln | grep 8080

to check what interface the server is listening on. It should be 0.0.0.0 otherwise you have used the option to change what interface it is listening on.

then try to connect to you 192.168.X.Y:8080 from a browser running on the same computer as the server.

then try it from the LAN.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-01-2018, 10:06 AM   #18
Divingduck
Wizard
Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650
In addition maybe check your router setup for this machine too. Maybe there is missing a port forwarding for :8080 or isn't allowed. Check as well, if dynamic/static IP addresses handling between your machine and router is correct.

Edit: Ignore my comment. Just seen that you have already a connection.

Last edited by Divingduck; 10-01-2018 at 10:10 AM.
Divingduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 10:06 AM   #19
ginsa

ss -ln | grep 8080
tcp LISTEN 0 128 0.0.0.0:8080 0.0.0.0:*

The server address is 192.168.1.69. If a browser on the server points to: http://192.168.1.69:8080 it shows the initial page of Calibre with this warning:
"WARNING: This browser does not support Application Cache so offline access to Calibre will not work. Some browsers enable Application Cache only on HTTPS connections, so you may need to configure HTTPS for your Calibre server."
and after I can click on the library icon to see the content.
With http://192.168.1.69:8080/mobile I go directly to the content of library, as it should be, I think.
Old 10-01-2018, 10:12 AM   #20
ginsa

I assigned a static IP by the network server configuration (no DHCP).
Advert
Old 10-01-2018, 10:27 AM   #21
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
There is nothing wrong on your arch box as far as I can tell unless you setup a firewall at some point.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 05:18 PM   #22
ginsa

[SOLVED] Content Server on Arch Linux

The problem has been solved...
In the network configuration of server I removed the fixed IP and instead I used DHCP.
So the IP server has changed from ...1.69 to ...1.186 and now Calibre content server works great !!!

On the router probably there is some rule, unknown for me, linked to the management of the low addresses of the LAN. In fact, now the SMB protocol also works, while before it did not allow me to share folders (client network time out).

I thank everyone for the advices (Kovid Goyal included) and for the time dedicated.

Last edited by ginsa; 10-01-2018 at 05:50 PM.