Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 07-06-2018, 10:40 PM   #1
catsknit
Addict
catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.

Device: Kobo Glo HD, Samsung tablet, Kobo Libra, InkPad 3 Pro
Arrow Adobe Digital Editions - 2 accounts

Somewhere along the way I have ended up with 2 different ADE accounts. Apparently my laptop is authorized with one account (and I can find that number in the ADE app - I'm using ADE 2.01 due to the newer versions DRM issues with purchased books)
and my tablet running Overdrive must be using a different account, because if i check out a library book on Overdrive on my tablet, and then later try to download it to my laptop to sideload onto my Kobo for better reading experience, it refuses, saying it's already checked out to a different authorized user.
I can't find anywhere in Overdrive to even indicate what the authorization # is or how to unauthorize that account or whatever.
On the ADE support forums, people have asked similar questions going back for 5 or more years with NO answers from customer service or any help from anyone else.

Any ideas where to look?
thanks!
catsknit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 11:10 AM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
One idea on the tablet would be to go to Settings / Apps, select Overdrive and then clear Storage and Cache. This should remove the settings and all downloaded content.

Next launch Overdrive and it should reprompt you for logon info.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert