Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 09-01-2018, 03:00 AM   #691
Fluribus
Guru
Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Justo Gonzalez's History of Christianity from the beginning until fairly close to the present day. Two volumes at $1.99 each at Amazon.com.

The Story of Christianity: Volume 1: The Early Church to the Dawn of the Reformation

The Story of Christianity: Volume 2: The Reformation to the Present Day
Fluribus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 05:36 AM   #692
Fluribus
Guru
Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

James White, Calvinist apologist and serial debater, is bringing the Trinity to mind.

The Forgotten Trinity for $1.99 at Amazon.com.
Old 09-02-2018, 07:18 PM   #693
Fluribus
Guru

Two more books from Amazon.com.

Former Calvinist, Scott Hahn, giving an apologetic for Christianity and Catholicism.
Reasons to Believe: How to Understand, Explain, and Defend the Catholic Faith for $1.99.

We also have, a dictionary. 3rd Revised Edition from 2011.
HarperCollins Bible Dictionary - Revised & Updated for $2.99.

The top review by Norman L. Martin has a tip for making good use of the dictionary on Kindle.
Old 09-02-2018, 07:47 PM   #694
Conan46
Fanatic
Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 3
Fluribus, much thanks for posting these! Especially the dictionary!
Conan46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 07:49 PM   #695
Fluribus
Guru

Rodney Stark, after many years of service to the kingdom of Id, became a sociologist and wrote a bunch of books. Three of those books are available at Amazon for the brave price of $1.99.

The Triumph of Christianity: How the Jesus Movement Became the World's Largest Religion

Cities of God: The Real Story of How Christianity Became an Urban Movement and Conquered Rome

God's Battalions: The Case for the Crusades
Old 09-04-2018, 04:07 PM   #696
Difflugia
Testate Amoeba
Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Many Android devices, Kindle 2, Toshiba e755 PocketPC
Warren Wiersbe's Be Amazed, the "Minor Prophets" volume of his "Be" commentary series is free today and probably tomorrow. I didn't have this one in my collection yet.

B&N
Google Play (epub and PDF)
Christianbook (doesn't offer me a download link, YMMV)
Amazon
Difflugia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 08:53 PM   #697
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by Difflugia View Post
Warren Wiersbe's Be Amazed, the "Minor Prophets" volume of his "Be" commentary series is free today and probably tomorrow. I didn't have this one in my collection yet.

B&N
Google Play (epub and PDF)
Christianbook (doesn't offer me a download link, YMMV)
Amazon
As it turns out, I didn't have this volume, either.

I got it at Amazon and Google Play. I got a link for it at Christianbook, but at a price of $8.99 (Ack!).

How does a person get both ePub and PDF from Google?
GtrsRGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 02:13 AM   #698
Fluribus
Guru

A threesome of books from Amazon.com. Each $1.99.

Paul Copan Is God a Moral Monster?: Making Sense of the Old Testament God

Kenneth Samples God among Sages: Why Jesus Is Not Just Another Religious Leader

Craig Groeschel Dare to Drop the Pose
Old 09-05-2018, 02:19 AM   #699
Fluribus
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by GtrsRGr8 View Post
As it turns out, I didn't have this volume, either.

I got it at Amazon and Google Play. I got a link for it at Christianbook, but at a price of $8.99 (Ack!).

How does a person get both ePub and PDF from Google?
I believe you need to go to https://play.google.com/books on a computer. Log in and it will show your books. Click the three dots on the bottom of the book and it will give an option to download PDF.
Old 09-05-2018, 10:48 PM   #700
Nichols_JohnW
Author of God is Here
Nichols_JohnW began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire HD 5"
This is an awesome thread. Thanks for these!
Nichols_JohnW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 11:42 PM   #701
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluribus View Post
I believe you need to go to https://play.google.com/books on a computer. Log in and it will show your books. Click the three dots on the bottom of the book and it will give an option to download PDF.
Thanks. Great information, which no doubt will be of long-lasting usefulness.
Old 09-06-2018, 03:42 PM   #702
Difflugia
Testate Amoeba
Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I've occasionally posted a collection of free stuff and the appearance of the new guy made me realize it's been a while. Most of this has been posted before in one form or another. To keep from annoying people that have seen these links several times now, I've wrapped them in SPOILER tags.

Spoiler:

Crossway's ESV Classic Reference Bible and ESV Global Study Bible are available for free at the usual ebook stores, but can still be downloaded as DRM-free epub and mobi (for Kindle) files from Crossway if you're willing to create an account.

ESV Classic Reference Bible:
Crossway
eBooks.com
Amazon

ESV Global Study Bible
Crossway
eBooks.com
Amazon

Crossway has a free ESV Android app, as well.

The HCSB (Holman Christian Standard Bible) from Broadman & Holman can be downloaded as a DRM-free epub here. It's also free at regular ebook stores (Amazon).

HCSB: Navigating the Horizons in Bible Translations (free everywhere, but here are links for eBooks.com and Amazon) is a book about Bible translation in general and why B&H thinks that its HCSB translation is the best.

The updated CSB isn't free as a standard ebook, but the Android app is free.

The NETS (New English Translation of the Septuagint) can be downloaded as PDFs of individual books (including Greek Apocrypha) here.

The 1917 edition of the JPS Tanakh is available as a PDF from The Jewish Publication Society's website. Sign up for their newsletter and you'll be redirected to a page with a download link. Note that this isn't a scan, but has been typeset as a PDF.

Barbour Publishing's Holy Bible New Life Version, New Testament is free at a few ebook stores (not Amazon, curiously):
B&N
Kobo

The Lexham English Bible is free in various formats (including epub) from Logos software.

Also from Logos and the Society of Biblical Literature is the SBL Greek New Testament, again in various formats. If you otherwise have little use for a Greek New Testament, note that there's a "reverse interlinear" with the LEB English text and the corresponding Greek.

If you use Logos Bible software and have an account, Logos has three main sites, each of which offers a free book each month. The free version of the software is here.
Logos
Verbum
Faithlife

If you use WordSearch Bible software, there's a free book each Friday. If the free ebook link redirects to the main page, either wait a few hours (they're not always punctual about putting it up) or check the blog. The free version of the software is here.

Olive Tree Bible Software was bought out a few years ago by the Christian division of HarperCollins. HarperCollins owns Zondervan and Thomas Nelson, so The Olive Tree software includes the NIV and NKJV for free in addition to the other standard free Bibles (ESV, HCSB, KJV, ASV). Olive Tree software is free.

A PDF of Frank Moore Cross: Conversations with a Bible Scholar by Herschel Shanks is available here. There are others as well, but the rest are lower quality.

Mark Goodacre's The Synoptic Problem: A Way Through the Maze is available as a PDF scan. It's linked at the Internet Archive from the author's website.

If you're into creationism, here's a list of ebooks that Answers in Genesis offered for download a number of years ago. They removed the pages linking to the ebooks, but didn't remove the ebook files themselves and the links still work:

Frozen in Time by Michael Oard
Flood Legends by Charles Martin
Global Warming and the Creator's Plan by Jay Auxt and William Curtis
The Lie: Evolution by Ken Ham
Creation Facts of Life by Gary Parker
In Six Days: Why Fifty Scientists Choose to Believe in Creation
The Great Dinosaur Mystery Solved! by Ken Ham
Defending the Faith by Henry Morris
Biblical Creationism by Henry Morris

Men of Science, Men of God by Henry Morris PDF epub mobi
The Beginning of the World by Henry Morris PDF epub mobi

Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (Mormon) Scripture, magazines and lesson manuals.

Watch Tower Society (Jehovah's Witnesses) Bibles, Magazines, books and online library.

Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures by Mary Baker Eddy can be downloaded as a PDF here.

The "Congregation of YHWH", which seems to be a sort of Jews for Jesus organization, has its own Bible translation. The Hebraic Roots Bible is available in several formats here.
Old 09-07-2018, 12:35 AM   #703
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluribus View Post
Works. I never knew that that feature existed. And, I long have been curious what format that I was getting when I bought one of their books.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 09-07-2018 at 12:38 AM.
Old 09-07-2018, 01:01 AM   #704
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Difflugia View Post
I've occasionally posted a collection of free stuff and the appearance of the new guy made me realize it's been a while. Most of this has been posted before in one form or another. To keep from annoying people that have seen these links several times now, I've wrapped them in SPOILER tags.

Spoiler:

Crossway's ESV Classic Reference Bible and ESV Global Study Bible are available for free at the usual ebook stores, but can still be downloaded as DRM-free epub and mobi (for Kindle) files from Crossway if you're willing to create an account.

ESV Classic Reference Bible:
Crossway
eBooks.com
Amazon

ESV Global Study Bible
Crossway
eBooks.com
Amazon

Crossway has a free ESV Android app, as well.

The HCSB (Holman Christian Standard Bible) from Broadman & Holman can be downloaded as a DRM-free epub here. It's also free at regular ebook stores (Amazon).

HCSB: Navigating the Horizons in Bible Translations (free everywhere, but here are links for eBooks.com and Amazon) is a book about Bible translation in general and why B&H thinks that its HCSB translation is the best.

The updated CSB isn't free as a standard ebook, but the Android app is free.

The NETS (New English Translation of the Septuagint) can be downloaded as PDFs of individual books (including Greek Apocrypha) here.

The 1917 edition of the JPS Tanakh is available as a PDF from The Jewish Publication Society's website. Sign up for their newsletter and you'll be redirected to a page with a download link. Note that this isn't a scan, but has been typeset as a PDF.

Barbour Publishing's Holy Bible New Life Version, New Testament is free at a few ebook stores (not Amazon, curiously):
B&N
Kobo

The Lexham English Bible is free in various formats (including epub) from Logos software.

Also from Logos and the Society of Biblical Literature is the SBL Greek New Testament, again in various formats. If you otherwise have little use for a Greek New Testament, note that there's a "reverse interlinear" with the LEB English text and the corresponding Greek.

If you use Logos Bible software and have an account, Logos has three main sites, each of which offers a free book each month. The free version of the software is here.
Logos
Verbum
Faithlife

If you use WordSearch Bible software, there's a free book each Friday. If the free ebook link redirects to the main page, either wait a few hours (they're not always punctual about putting it up) or check the blog. The free version of the software is here.

Olive Tree Bible Software was bought out a few years ago by the Christian division of HarperCollins. HarperCollins owns Zondervan and Thomas Nelson, so The Olive Tree software includes the NIV and NKJV for free in addition to the other standard free Bibles (ESV, HCSB, KJV, ASV). Olive Tree software is free.

A PDF of Frank Moore Cross: Conversations with a Bible Scholar by Herschel Shanks is available here. There are others as well, but the rest are lower quality.

Mark Goodacre's The Synoptic Problem: A Way Through the Maze is available as a PDF scan. It's linked at the Internet Archive from the author's website.

If you're into creationism, here's a list of ebooks that Answers in Genesis offered for download a number of years ago. They removed the pages linking to the ebooks, but didn't remove the ebook files themselves and the links still work:

Frozen in Time by Michael Oard
Flood Legends by Charles Martin
Global Warming and the Creator's Plan by Jay Auxt and William Curtis
The Lie: Evolution by Ken Ham
Creation Facts of Life by Gary Parker
In Six Days: Why Fifty Scientists Choose to Believe in Creation
The Great Dinosaur Mystery Solved! by Ken Ham
Defending the Faith by Henry Morris
Biblical Creationism by Henry Morris

Men of Science, Men of God by Henry Morris PDF epub mobi
The Beginning of the World by Henry Morris PDF epub mobi

Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (Mormon) Scripture, magazines and lesson manuals.

Watch Tower Society (Jehovah's Witnesses) Bibles, Magazines, books and online library.

Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures by Mary Baker Eddy can be downloaded as a PDF here.

The "Congregation of YHWH", which seems to be a sort of Jews for Jesus organization, has its own Bible translation. The Hebraic Roots Bible is available in several formats here.
But, you failed to mention your own ebook. I don't see how it could be considered self-promotion, since you put it in the public domain, and don't stand to gain one red cent from it. But, to be safe, I'll post it.
Old 09-07-2018, 11:00 AM   #705
Difflugia
Testate Amoeba

Quote:
Originally Posted by GtrsRGr8 View Post
But, you failed to mention your own ebook. I don't see how it could be considered self-promotion, since you put it in the public domain, and don't stand to gain one red cent from it. But, to be safe, I'll post it.
In case anyone else is interested, what GtrsRGr8 is talking about is that I put together a PDF similar to Richard Elliott Friedman's The Bible with Sources Revealed, which shows the various hypothetical sources of the Pentateuch in different colors. I used the ASV and data published in 1902, so there should be no jurisdiction with copyright difficulties. It's in Mobileread's Patricia Clark Memorial Library here.