Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2015, 03:10 AM   #61
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
@DiapDealer: I was able to reproduce this bug with Sigil 0.8.9 on my Windows 10 machine. It appears to be caused by the span tags around the TOC entry. Without them, the Armenian text is displayed fine.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	armenian_toc.png
Views:	281
Size:	28.2 KB
ID:	142424   Click image for larger version

Name:	armenian_toc_span.png
Views:	300
Size:	24.4 KB
ID:	142425  
Old 09-29-2015, 04:04 AM   #62
brolny
Connoisseur
brolny began at the beginning.

Device: none
Preferences - Clean Source widget

Of course it is not important at all, but a little unusual and confuses -
when Open and Save checkboxes are both unchecked,
I still can change radiobattons for cleaning types,
because they are enabled and one is selected.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	4.jpg
Views:	243
Size:	54.3 KB
ID:	142426  

Last edited by brolny; 09-29-2015 at 04:05 AM. Reason: -
Advert
Old 09-29-2015, 05:28 AM   #63
v_x
v_x began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle and soft on iOS
Bug in OS X 10.10.5

I have a strange bug (Mac OS X 10.10.5) — just after opening of an epub (I've tested different files; the results were the same) the order of files in the Text folder is rearranged and becomes alphabetical! And TOC too. The cleaning is turned off.
Old 09-29-2015, 09:15 AM   #64
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Thanks for these reports. We'll look into them
Old 09-29-2015, 09:22 AM   #65
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Just a note that that the BuildOnLinux documents in the 0.8.900 pre-release have some typos in them. They've been fixed (I think!), and some additions have been made in the current source tree.

Those changes will make it into the next release, but in the meantime ... Linux users should use the BuildingOnLinux.md file on github if they run into trouble. You can browse it directly if you like. https://github.com/Sigil-Ebook/Sigil...dingOnLinux.md

But please don't build Sigil from a current git clone right now. There are issues being resolved. Build from the tagged source that is downloadable from the Releases page.
Linux users are encouraged to build from the current github source tree.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 09-29-2015 at 11:37 AM.
Advert
Old 09-29-2015, 10:10 AM   #66
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Hi v_x,

Quote:
Originally Posted by v_x View Post
I have a strange bug (Mac OS X 10.10.5) — just after opening of an epub (I've tested different files; the results were the same) the order of files in the Text folder is rearranged and becomes alphabetical! And TOC too. The cleaning is turned off.
I am running the same build on the same Mac OS X and not seeing this at all.

The only reason it would rename the files on load would be if the same file names (ignoring directories) exist inside the epub. So please pm me here a link to the exact book that causes this issue for you.

Alternatively, you can simply do the following on your Mac

1. copy the offending epub to your Desktop and rename it test.epub

2. Open Terminal.app and enter these commands in the resulting terminal and post the results here

cd ~/Desktop
unzip -t test.epub

That will tell me if the offending book has duplicate file names someplace.

Thanks,

KevinH
Old 09-29-2015, 10:12 AM   #67
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hi DiapDealer and roger64,

Since Sigil master has a number of key bug fixes in it already and since it is stable on Linux and Mac OS X (just not Windows), it would actually help speed things up if roger64 (and others) would build from Sigil current master and let us know what other bugs they see, versus having them build a known broken release.

My two cents ...

KevinH

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Just a note that that the BuildOnLinux documents in the 0.8.900 pre-release have some typos in them. They've been fixed (I think!), and some additions have been made in the current source tree.

Those changes will make it into the next release, but in the meantime ... Linux users should use the BuildingOnLinux.md file on github if they run into trouble. You can browse it directly if you like. https://github.com/Sigil-Ebook/Sigil...dingOnLinux.md

But please don't build Sigil from a current git clone right now. There are issues being resolved. Build from the tagged source that is downloadable from the Releases page.
Old 09-29-2015, 10:36 AM   #68
KevinH
Sigil Developer

Hi broiny,

Even if you turn off Cleaning on Open and Save, any time a file is not well-formed, it is passed through a cleaning stage so that it becomes at least well-formed enough to properly parse. Also, you can manually invoke reformatting the html and again this setting is used.

Also, on a related note, fyi - all xhtml files are passed through gumbo and "auto-fixed" to be parse-able when opened no matter what. This is needed to be able to update any links when the file is first loaded and moved to its new home inside of Text. Regular gumbo tries hard to not mess things up (unlike its predecessor Tidy) but it will still be invoked upon load to make sure the files can actually load and display properly.

Hope this explains things.

Kevin

Quote:
Originally Posted by brolny View Post
Of course it is not important at all, but a little unusual and confuses -
when Open and Save checkboxes are both unchecked,
I still can change radiobattons for cleaning types,
because they are enabled and one is selected.
Old 09-29-2015, 11:31 AM   #69
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post
Hi DiapDealer and roger64,

Since Sigil master has a number of key bug fixes in it already and since it is stable on Linux and Mac OS X (just not Windows), it would actually help speed things up if roger64 (and others) would build from Sigil current master and let us know what other bugs they see, versus having them build a known broken release.

My two cents ...

KevinH
That is the very suggestion I made to Doitsu. I forgot there was a crashing bug that affected linux that was fixed. So I agree. Linux users would be better off building from the latest git source tree. Original post amended.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 09-29-2015 at 11:39 AM.
Old 09-29-2015, 02:01 PM   #70
KevinH
Sigil Developer

Hi,

And Doitsu has already found two new bugs!

Argh! ;-)

KevinH
Old 09-29-2015, 04:35 PM   #71
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
That is the very suggestion I made to Doitsu. I forgot there was a crashing bug that affected linux that was fixed. So I agree. Linux users would be better off building from the latest git source tree. Original post amended.
From https://github.com/Sigil-Ebook/Sigil...dingOnLinux.md
Code:
sudo apt-get install python3.4-pip
did not work
Code:
sudo apt-get install python3-pip
worked

bernie
p.s.
Using Mint 17.2.

Last edited by gbm; 09-29-2015 at 04:45 PM.
Old 09-29-2015, 05:32 PM   #72
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbm View Post
From https://github.com/Sigil-Ebook/Sigil...dingOnLinux.md
Code:
sudo apt-get install python3.4-pip
did not work
Code:
sudo apt-get install python3-pip
worked

bernie
p.s.
Using Mint 17.2.
That's very possible. On my machine, they map to the same thing when I try to update the package. I just didn't want people to install the packages without making sure they're actually python3.4, and not 3.3.x or something. I'll make a note of it in the documentation. Thanks.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 09-29-2015 at 05:37 PM.
Old 09-29-2015, 05:36 PM   #73
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
Build and installed from git clone, opens, loads an epub. No time to do more right now. Any areas you might want tested?

bernie
Old 09-29-2015, 05:41 PM   #74
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbm View Post
Build and installed from git clone, opens, loads an epub. No time to do more right now. Any areas you might want tested?

bernie
Oh, just .... everything?

I'd like to make sure all the old functionality/features work with EPUB2s before looking to see what might break with an EPUB3, but please ... feel free to mention anything you suspect might be broken.
Old 09-29-2015, 07:09 PM   #75
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
ToC oddities

Basically, any text wrapped in <span></span> tags is not included in the ToC. So <h3 class="chp">D<span="smallc"OCTORS</span> I<span class="smallc">N</span> A<span class="smallc"FRICA</span> 1814-1874</h3> gives me a ToC entry of D I A 1814-1874.

Otherwise, the builtin checker says everything is okay but deleting unused stylesheet items fails due to XML not well formed. Checking with Flightcrew located the error where I had left an extra < at the start of a line ( <<p class= ).
Closed Thread