Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2012, 06:18 AM   #16
WS64
WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura / PB Lux 2 / Bookeen Frontlight / Kobo Mini / Nook Color
Thanks Kiwidude & John!
Old 10-14-2012, 09:18 AM   #17
ElMiko
Addict
ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
@ElMiko - if the selection contains line feed characters, then indeed it does look like Paste Clip is broken in this build (have fixed for next release).

However your comment about the text between heading tags - that is also text that happens to contain line feed characters in it? As if it is normal text on a single line that works fine for me? If it isn't a multiple line issue then please give us more repro details/sample file.
You're right; i misdescribed the issue. The bug appears to be even more situation specific than simply "text between heading tags"... additional testing has proved that if the selected text in question has parentheses, it trips up the application of clips.

eg:
Code:
1 <h3>A Wise Child</h3>

2 <h3>A (Wise) Child</h3>
in line 1, selecting the text between the heading tags applies the clip "<p class="calibre1">\1</p>" just fine. But in the second line, it just remains inert, as with trying to apply clips over multiple lines of text. For the record, I'm not sure if there are additional triggers other than parentheses to this bug.

EDIT: I've found 5 (or 6, depending on how you count) more characters that break the application of a clip: square brackets, carets, asterisks, back-slashes (\), and vertical slashes (|) (in this last instance, the clip is applied, but only to part of the selected text). Basically, it looks like it's having trouble escaping special characters when it applies the regex contained within the clip. Since my own understanding of reg-ex is still in what i'd consider "early stages", I'm not sure if there are other special characters, or combinations of characters that will trigger this error.

EDIT2: additional characters that cause the error: "$", "+", "?". Periods, however, don't seem to be causing a problem.

Last edited by ElMiko; 10-14-2012 at 09:35 AM.
Advert
Old 10-14-2012, 09:26 AM   #18
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
@ElMiko - ahhh, that is an interesting one. And I know exactly why that would be happening too. Behind the scenes when you apply one of those fancy \1 substitution "clips", it turns the selected text into a regular expression. The PCRE engine cannot cope with the unicode line feeds which is why your first problem occurred. However it also will of course get itself confused when being passed text that contains text like your example, as it must make sure to escape the text first in case there are any other regular expression characters in it.

I will sort it out for the next build, that is a very subtle and nice bug to find, well done .
Old 10-14-2012, 09:27 AM   #19
mmat1
Berti
mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer Lumiread
Quote:
Originally Posted by meme View Post
Regex options have moved to the chevron button at the bottom left on the Find & Replace box
I love it ....
Old 10-14-2012, 09:41 AM   #20
ElMiko
Addict
ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
I will sort it out for the next build, that is a very subtle and nice bug to find, well done .
my... pleasure?? I wish i could say i'd found it in the course of diligent and professionally-minded beta testing. But it was pure dumb luck. still, let's go with "diligent and professionally minded".
Advert
Old 10-14-2012, 09:55 AM   #21
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmat1 View Post
I love it ....
Double
I really like the new F&R buttons (features)

(And I had spotted the arrow for the advanced features )
Old 10-14-2012, 09:55 AM   #22
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmat1 View Post
I love it ....
Awesome, about time for the good news to start appearing on this thread. A slight worry that a couple of users had problems finding the expand button. Perhaps we should leave it expanded for first time use so worst case people at least know where those options are available.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElMiko View Post
my... pleasure?? I wish i could say i'd found it in the course of diligent and professionally-minded beta testing. But it was pure dumb luck. still, let's go with "diligent and professionally minded".
Yeah well we have spent a silly amount of hours in our own testing, which while it brought out dozens of things we could catch there was always going to be something we didn't think to try.
Old 10-14-2012, 10:05 AM   #23
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
A slight worry that a couple of users had problems finding the expand button. Perhaps we should leave it expanded for first time use so worst case people at least know where those options are available..
Brilliant idea leaving it open.

It is amazing the number of users that do not explore, or even recognize markings that mean more. (Of coarse, there is a chance that they will also never close it . These are probably the same people that still have all the feature advertising stickers on their 5 year old VCR
Old 10-14-2012, 10:21 AM   #24
meme
Sigil developer
meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, K4 NT, K3, Kobo Touch
So much for trying to make it subtle so it wouldn't get in the way

Thanks for the feedback so far - its annoying that a few things were missed in all the latest changes and testing, but they should be minor or avoidable.

As user_none said - only bug fixes from this point on. And with the plan to release the final version in a week we really need everyone to try it out and comment. We'll list anything found under known issues in the first post.
Old 10-14-2012, 02:40 PM   #25
meme
Sigil developer
meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The Sigil User Guide will take some time to update, but you can view the What's New page for a list of features and updates for 0.6.0.
Old 10-14-2012, 05:07 PM   #26
mmat1
Berti
mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer Lumiread
Quote:
Awesome, about time for the good news to start appearing on this thread. A slight worry that a couple of users had problems finding the expand button. Perhaps we should leave it expanded for first time use so worst case people at least know where those options are available.
Yes, but unfortunately ....

"Replace" / "Replace&Find Next" seems not to work properly

find:<p>(Chapitre[^–]+?)\K ([^–])
Replace: – (read: blank Ndash blank)
Options: Single Line, Regex, Current File

The Position is located correctly. With "Replace" nothing is replaced. With "Replace&Find Next" it just jumps to the next position.

"Replace all" works and saves the day
Old 10-14-2012, 05:15 PM   #27
meme
Sigil developer

Could you provide some text that you are trying to match?

EDIT: I'm not sure what text you are matching, but if I use the following then I do see a difference in 0.5.906 and 0.5.907 (.e. it change to ndash in 906 but not the current beta). Will look into it.

<p>Chapitre - 1</p>

Last edited by meme; 10-14-2012 at 05:36 PM.
Old 10-15-2012, 06:34 AM   #28
atjnjk
Zealot
atjnjk will become famous soon enoughatjnjk will become famous soon enoughatjnjk will become famous soon enoughatjnjk will become famous soon enoughatjnjk will become famous soon enoughatjnjk will become famous soon enough

Device: none
The first exploration of this beta: Click the chevron button (what a beautiful subtle button), hover over DotAll and Minimal Match checkboxes (require patience for one second)... tada, their tooltips magically change places.
PS: Still exploring this wonderful beta land.
Old 10-15-2012, 07:04 AM   #29
crutledge
eBook FANatic
crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP ipac RX5915 Wife's Kindle
Failure of URI in LOI

The attached EPUB has an in-line LOI. The latest Sigil inserts the correct path for the first image and no paths for the remainder of images.

First Image:
Code:
    <div class="justify">
      <a href="../Text/The%20Enchanted%20Typewriter_0004.xhtml#front">FRONTISPIECE: I GAZED IN OPEN-MOUTHED IN WONDER</a>
    </div>
Second Image:
Code:
    <div class="justify">
      <a href="#image01">"TATTOOED THE JINGLE BETWEEN MY SHOULDER BLADES"</a>
    </div>
I load the html to Sigil and Generate TCO.
Validation reports no problems.
Attached Files
File Type: epub The Enchanted Typewriter.epub (1.20 MB, 141 views)
Old 10-15-2012, 07:23 AM   #30
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Probably need to take a look at the original html before you started editing with Sigil. I'd wager to say you did some file-splitting, as well.
Closed Thread