Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 04-02-2011, 05:54 PM   #46
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
It is still in my version, just checked.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 02:05 AM   #47
huebi
Zealot
huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: none
I have WinXP 32bit and i'm unable to find that. wasnt that rightclick on the file? I think i need to reinstall the 034 until the ordering of files when splitting is fixed (#830)
huebi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-03-2011, 04:41 AM   #48
huebi
Zealot
huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Okay, if the filename contains a dot the context entry merge with previous disappears. I will open a case
Old 04-03-2011, 10:04 AM   #49
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by huebi View Post
Okay, if the filename contains a dot the context entry merge with previous disappears. I will open a case
an extra dot? like in: foo.bar.xhtml
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 10:14 AM   #50
crutledge
eBook FANatic
crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP ipac RX5915 Wife's Kindle
Editing the toc.ncx

Is there any way to control the indentation of the toc without changing the header values (h3 vs h2))?

I would like to indent some <h2> below other <h2>. I have tried %nbsp; but they have no effect.

Cheers
crutledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-03-2011, 10:21 AM   #51
huebi
Zealot

You have <h1> to <h6> to achieve this. header elements are marking up the text, not styling the text.
Old 04-03-2011, 12:41 PM   #52
crutledge
eBook FANatic
crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
You have <h1> to <h6> to achieve this. header elements are marking up the text, not styling the text.
You miss my point entirely. As indicated, I don't want to use <h2>, <h3>. Using these, the toc folds up and must be expanded and the structure of the book is hidden. I wish to bypass this. No little arrows in the toc.
Old 04-03-2011, 01:44 PM   #53
ldolse
Wizard
ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: PRS-650, iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by crutledge View Post
Is there any way to control the indentation of the toc without changing the header values (h3 vs h2))?

I would like to indent some <h2> below other <h2>. I have tried %nbsp; but they have no effect.

Cheers
Style the second h2 to with an indented css class.
ldolse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 01:47 PM   #54
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crutledge View Post
You miss my point entirely. As indicated, I don't want to use <h2>, <h3>. Using these, the toc folds up and must be expanded and the structure of the book is hidden. I wish to bypass this. No little arrows in the toc.
I believe Leading spaces get trimmed
Have you thought of using a 'bullet' type entity (&bull; ) and then a space ?
Old 04-03-2011, 02:20 PM   #55
crutledge
eBook FANatic

Indented toc.ncx

Talking to you folks always helps me to see the obvious. Sitting here in my ebook scriptorium with children, grand and great grand children in and out, the TV going and refriigerator door slamming is truly a lonely calling.

The obvious finally came up and slapped me in the face. Instead of &nbsp; which Sigil has problems with except in the text, I decided to try a plain old space. And LO! It works. I can now format the toc.ncx to look like the inline toc.

Boy, what a good idea to edit the toc.ncx, Valloric!
Old 04-03-2011, 02:25 PM   #56
huebi
Zealot

This is not the way the h-element works. It was desiged to show up the hierachical relationship. What you are doind is misusing the elements like we did 20 years ago creating webpages.
Old 04-03-2011, 03:45 PM   #57
crutledge
eBook FANatic

Quote:
This is not the way the h-element works. It was desiged to show up the hierachical relationship. What you are doind is misusing the elements like we did 20 years ago creating webpages.
I disagree!

The h-elements were designed for style. Then some one on some committee
said, "I know how to solve the ncx structure problem! We can use the various h-elements to control indentation." Not taking into consideration how some programmer might want freedom to format a book or a TOC.

That, sir, is a misuse.
Old 04-04-2011, 04:31 AM   #58
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
What? You are trying to apply styling to the NCX and discard its structure by having all items the same level? I'm sorry, but I don't see the point and it just seems wrong.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 07:17 AM   #59
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
What? You are trying to apply styling to the NCX and discard its structure by having all items the same level? I'm sorry, but I don't see the point and it just seems wrong.
I understand 'The point'

He is trying to 'fix' an (IMHO) irritation with how nested TOC entries were rendered (collapsed) in the 'catalog' function on various readers.

Calibre-viewer, Sigil and Epub-Reader show these expanded fully .

The ADE on my PEz starts with them collapsed
+h1 item1
+h1 item2
+h1 item3

Expanding a selected h1, now shows ONLY
h1 item2 (the selected. Really the level return selection)
+h2
+h2 part2
+h2

Expanding a h2
h2 part2
h3
h3
h3

Note: expanding a level only shows the return point and not the higher level nest.

That is what is being 'fixed'
Old 04-04-2011, 07:30 AM   #60
crutledge
eBook FANatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
If I have a book of multiple parts and chapters within the parts, book styling comes into play.

According to the purist, if I style the part headers as <h2>PART</h2>, then I must style chapters as <h3>CHAPTER</h3> to show structure, and then the structure of the book is not seen until the little arrow next to the PART is clicked by the reader and the chapter headers are too small. Otherwise, I can style everything as <h2>...</h2> and then get a straight list with no structure and looks lousy.

By simply putting in four (4) spaces (spspspspCHAPTER) the toc is shown with structure and (at least to me) looks much better.

Take a look at the toc in the attched ePub.

I don't see the great HOORAH. When I build an inline toc, I am very concerned about structure. I have the same concerns in an ePub toc. The next thing I have to figure out is putting in blank line between sections.

To me, the ideal solution is to be able to edit the structure in the Sigil toc window marking up the structure and content as desired. Otherwise, why would anyone want to edit toc.ncx?
Attached Files
File Type: epub God and the King.epub (488.5 KB, 128 views)

Last edited by crutledge; 04-04-2011 at 08:14 AM.