Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Server

Notices

Old 03-14-2024, 11:05 AM   #1
Nate8727
Nate8727 began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Upload to Content Server Creates Files/Folders in Different Location

Hello,

When uploading books remotely to the content server via web browser, Calibre adds them fine, but it doesn't put them in the regular (Calibre) library folder like it does when I add them to the auto import folder at home.

Instead it moves their author folders and contents into the directory above the (Calibre) folder. So it would look like this:

(Calibre)
Add to Calibre
Jim Butcher
Stephen King
Barbara Park

If I move those folders into the (Calibre) folder, all the metadata gets reset until I rescan. I haven't done that yet because I'm still trying to avoid the duplicate books and want to be cautious.

Any ideas?
Nate8727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2024, 11:23 AM   #2
Nate8727

Running on macOS Sonoma with desktop app.
Advert
Old 03-14-2024, 11:29 AM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Adding via the content server adds to the calibre library folder just like any other method of adding to calibre. You probably have two nested calibre libraries and are using different ones in the main application and the content server.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2024, 12:13 PM   #4
Nate8727

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Adding via the content server adds to the calibre library folder just like any other method of adding to calibre. You probably have two nested calibre libraries and are using different ones in the main application and the content server.
How in the world do I find that?
Old 03-14-2024, 12:48 PM   #5
Nate8727

I mean how do I fix that? I redid everything a week ago and had a clean install, or so I thought.
Advert
Old 03-14-2024, 07:43 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Stick to one library. FIrst verify that you indeed have two. Search your computer for the file metadata.db there should be only one.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
content server, upload