Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Server

Notices

Old 03-09-2024, 06:24 PM   #1
wjBLqf-_9
Enthusiast
wjBLqf-_9 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterwjBLqf-_9 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterwjBLqf-_9 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterwjBLqf-_9 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterwjBLqf-_9 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterwjBLqf-_9 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterwjBLqf-_9 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterwjBLqf-_9 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterwjBLqf-_9 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterwjBLqf-_9 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterwjBLqf-_9 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: None
Calibre OPDS phantom second library

Greetings!

FYI I am running v5.44.0

I use my calibre server for it's OPDS connectivity

Recently I have to replace my PC running calibre, which changed the location of the library (my library is called "Bob").

My library is stored on a local SSD dedicated just to the calibre library.

For unavoidable reasons, the drive letter of my Calibre library "bob" changed on my new PC... from "F:\Bob\" to "I:\Bob\"

I re-installed Calibre and selecting the new drive letter path "I:\Bob\" of my library from my last PC that died.

I saw two "Bob" libraries listed in the Calibre app, I removed the "F:" Bob, I was prompted about the path not existing, I clicked okay.

In the Calibre app window, there is now only one libary "Bob" (the new "I:\Bob\")

Everything works!

Except in OPDS it continues to show two separate libraries:
Library Option #1 of 2 = "Bob" --> which errors out because "F:\Bob\" is gone
Library Option #2 of 2 = "Bob" (yes same name) --> which works because "I:\Bob\" is the new location

So I tried stopping the Calibre content server, closing Calibre, reopening calibre, re-starting the content server.

ODPS works except it keeps showing two "Bob" libraries.

The Calibre window only shows one "Bob" library.

How do I remove the "Bob" (F:\Bob\) library from the odps content server listing?

If I cannot remove the "Bob" (F:\Bob\) from the content server listing, is there a way to set the "Bob" (I:\Bob\) as the automatic default?

Thanks!
wjBLqf-_9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2024, 06:32 PM   #2
wjBLqf-_9
Enthusiast
wjBLqf-_9 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterwjBLqf-_9 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterwjBLqf-_9 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterwjBLqf-_9 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterwjBLqf-_9 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterwjBLqf-_9 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterwjBLqf-_9 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterwjBLqf-_9 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterwjBLqf-_9 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterwjBLqf-_9 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterwjBLqf-_9 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

clarification... in case you ask if there is any difference between ODPS and regular web interface:

YES, both "BOB' libraries also show up in the non-odps web server interface

Library Option #1 of 2 = "Bob" --> which errors out because "F:\Bob\" is gone
Library Option #2 of 2 = "Bob" (yes same name) --> which works because "I:\Bob\" is the new location
Advert
Old 03-09-2024, 10:40 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
If you deleted the library from calibre I dont see how it could still be showing up in the server. Did you do a hard refresh in your browser?
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2024, 10:55 PM   #4
wjBLqf-_9
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
If you deleted the library from calibre I dont see how it could still be showing up in the server. Did you do a hard refresh in your browser?
Testing the web front end
...I made sure I closed all my existing web browsers, cleared history/cache/cookies/etc. This happens on Edge, Firefox, Chrome, and Brave

Testing the OPDS side
...I am using a brand new android tablet, I added my local calibre odps link to the client "FBReader" and I saw both "Bob" libraries.

...I also downloaded the "KOReader" odps client (as a secondary 'fresh' client to test). I still see both "Bob" libraries.

========

On the content server, where is the ODPS file that feeds the xml structure that shows up when I browse the odps url in my desktop browser?

When I browse the http://192.168.1.2:8888/odps/ url on a desktop browser I see something that reminds me of almost xml structure.

The XML structure references both "Bob" libraries.
Old 03-09-2024, 11:06 PM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Create a new empty library and switch to it. Then remove the bob library from calibre. Then restart calibre and make sure there is no Bob library shown in the calibre library lists. Then switch to the bob library and remove the newly created library. Then restart calibre.

And there are no XML files, OPDS feeds are dynamically generated.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-09-2024, 11:27 PM   #6
wjBLqf-_9
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Create a new empty library and switch to it. Then remove the bob library from calibre. Then restart calibre and make sure there is no Bob library shown in the calibre library lists. Then switch to the bob library and remove the newly created library. Then restart calibre.

And there are no XML files, OPDS feeds are dynamically generated.
That solved my problem! thank you!

Tags
content server, library, odps