Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Server

Notices

Old 01-01-2021, 01:08 AM   #1
cissyalice
cissyalice began at the beginning.

Device: ipad
content sever not working

So I don't think this is the right category for this question but I didn't know which category to post it in, sorry.

Ever since I updated calibre the content server has stopped working. I've tried changing the ports and I've checked to make sure it's whitelisted on my firewall but nothing helps. It was working fine before the update.

Every time I click start content server, this message comes up:

calibre, version 5.8.1
ERROR: Failed to start Content server: Could not start the Content server. Error:

No socket could be created -- (('10.0.0.1', 8080): [WinError 10013] An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permissions)

Is there a way to undo an update to see if that fixes things?

I'm running on windows 10. If you need any other information, please ask. This is my first time asking for help in this forum and I'm not sure if I'm doing it right.

Thanks a lot,
Liv
cissyalice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2021, 01:11 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
that indicates something on your computer is blocking calibre, most likely an antivirus/firewall. Exclude calibre form these and you will be fine.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-02-2021, 12:10 PM   #3
Pachuqismo
Enthusiast
Pachuqismo began at the beginning.

Device: SM-T820, Galaxy S7
@cissyalice

I associate it with one of the later Windows 10 Pro versions and/or updates (from Dec 2019) which caused the same for me. I'm not sure exactly which one but at the time I suspected KB4598242.

My problem is on a Windows 10 Pro running as a server (presently 20H2.19042.804), which for me means that extremely rarely new software is added and the only thing updating is Windows, Calibre, FreeFileSync and Plex Server - probably in this order of frecuency.

To no avail I've reinstalled Calibre, verified full access to my Calibre installation folder (full rights to Administrators), and tried suspending my antivirus/firewall.

On my desktop I'm running Windows 10 Pro 1909.18363.1379 and have no issue starting the Content Server. On my server I have to run Calibre in admin mode to get the Content Server started.

Cheers!
Pachuqismo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
content server