Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2015, 02:11 AM   #1
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
Written Confirmation from Amazon that an Account closure loses everything.

Hubby went ballistic when I told him I'd posted this. I'm going to ask for the thread to be closed. Sorry

Last edited by Josieb1; 10-12-2015 at 02:51 AM.
Old 10-12-2015, 02:21 AM   #2
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Here's the tl;dr version:

Quote:
Yes, when we say "The account has been closed", we actually do kind of, well, mean it.

This is why when you buy non-tangible goods, you back them up in case of accidents.
You would be equally up the same well-known creek if the vendor closed down.
Advert
Old 10-12-2015, 02:25 AM   #3
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
Here's the tl;dr version:
This is why when you buy non-tangible goods, you back them up in case of accidents.
You would be equally up the same well-known creek if the vendor closed down.
Exactly.

But a lot of people on this forum tried to convince me that Amazon would play fair with existing digital purchases and Audible, this thread is addressed to them.

The last line makes me laugh. Do they actually think we will buy from them again!
Old 10-12-2015, 02:43 AM   #4
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Josie, just curious, was this from a CS person (regular CS or Kindle CS?) or someone further up the ladder?

I know when the issue hit the press back in 2012 Amazon said...
Quote:
Hello,
We would like to clarify our policy on this topic.

Account status should not affect any customer's ability to access their library.

If any customer has trouble accessing their content, he or she should contact customer service for help.
http://www.amazon.com/forum/kindle/r...x2L4A0AVZM5WVQ

Last edited by AnemicOak; 10-12-2015 at 02:49 AM.
Old 10-12-2015, 02:47 AM   #5
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josieb1 View Post
But a lot of people on this forum tried to convince me that Amazon would play fair with existing digital purchases and Audible, this thread is addressed to them.
Well, that was my impression as well.
A few years ago I followed the story of the customer that had his account disabled and lost his access to the purchased books. The story went viral and Amazon re-enabled his account to let him access the content and told us that the new policy was that the books and stuff will remain accessible even after you are banned from making new purchases.

By the way, have you backed up all your stuff in de-DRMed form yet?
Advert
Old 10-12-2015, 06:40 AM   #6
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Moderator Notice
Thread closed by request of OP

Since this is a worth-while topic, I have created a more generic thread over here.

Last edited by pdurrant; 10-12-2015 at 07:07 AM.
Closed Thread