Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Server

Notices

Old 03-31-2023, 09:53 PM   #1
DaySleeper
Enthusiast
DaySleeper shares his or her toysDaySleeper shares his or her toysDaySleeper shares his or her toysDaySleeper shares his or her toysDaySleeper shares his or her toysDaySleeper shares his or her toysDaySleeper shares his or her toysDaySleeper shares his or her toysDaySleeper shares his or her toysDaySleeper shares his or her toysDaySleeper shares his or her toys

Device: MoonReader+ Android app on Samsung Galaxy S6 Lite and otherst
Configure file names sent via Content Server

I have some devices that can't connect via USB (one should be able to do so but always fails; the other is a virtual Android device running in Bluestacks - if there's a way for that to be treated as a USB connection, I haven't found it). I can use the Content server for these, but the resulting filenames are different from the ones on devices that transfer via USB. My Calibre settings for Sending books to devices and Saving books to disk are the defaults: {author_sort}/{title} - {authors}.

When the same book is sent via the Content Server, however, it gets a different file name and so Moon+ is unable to sync reading position & annotations because it doesn't recognize them as the same book.

So, is there a way to make Content Server use the same file naming schema as Sending Books to Device? When I look at the settings, the only template options provided are for the book list, which I think is just for what displays when you access the content server.
DaySleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2023, 10:05 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
When you download from the server, the server can only suggest a file name, not a file path and the final name is under the control of the browser not the server. So no there is no option for this.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
content server, file name format, usb connection