Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-30-2023, 04:28 AM   #1
prom king
Sloshed
prom king ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.prom king ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.prom king ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.prom king ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.prom king ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.prom king ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.prom king ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.prom king ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.prom king ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.prom king ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.prom king ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Sony PRS-500
Kobo opens and closes to book

Sometimes I have this problem with my Kobo Forma and it usually comes when I OCR the PDF text, turn it into .docx file and then into epub.

What happens is that it opens epub on the cover page but when I click next page it stops for a few seconds and then it returns me to the "my books" menu where that book is listed as read. Which means that it skipped the whole book and went to the end and closed it.

I used to think that it may have been because of unusual characters in the name of the file like ":" sign, and this one had some signs like the apostrophe sign and "&" sign. So I renamed the title of the file but the problem still persists.
prom king is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2023, 05:02 AM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by prom king View Post
Sometimes I have this problem with my Kobo Forma and it usually comes when I OCR the PDF text, turn it into .docx file and then into epub.

What happens is that it opens epub on the cover page but when I click next page it stops for a few seconds and then it returns me to the "my books" menu where that book is listed as read. Which means that it skipped the whole book and went to the end and closed it.

I used to think that it may have been because of unusual characters in the name of the file like ":" sign, and this one had some signs like the apostrophe sign and "&" sign. So I renamed the title of the file but the problem still persists.
Use either the calibre editor or Sigil and install the epubcheck plugin and check for errors. It could be errors in the ePub causing the problem.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-31-2023, 03:37 AM   #3
prom king
Sloshed
prom king ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.prom king ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.prom king ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.prom king ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.prom king ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.prom king ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.prom king ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.prom king ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.prom king ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.prom king ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.prom king ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

OK, I have Calibre, I installed epubcheck plugin, but how do I use epubcheck plugin?
Old 05-31-2023, 09:55 AM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
OK, I have Calibre, I installed epubcheck plugin, but how do I use epubcheck plugin?
You have to load the eBook in the editor and run the plugin. I have it as an icon on the toolbar.

Edit > Preferences > Toolbars > Book wide tools

Then add the epubcheck icon to the toolbar.

Last edited by JSWolf; 05-31-2023 at 10:00 AM.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2023, 03:58 AM   #5
prom king
Sloshed

I can't get epubcheck on the main toolbar.

I've tried Preferences> Toolbars & menus> The main Toolbar

And epubcheck is just not present in the left nor right column.
Advert
Old 07-06-2023, 04:08 AM   #6
Karellen
Wizard
Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
I can't get epubcheck on the main toolbar.
EpubCheck is run from within the Editor, not the library.

Open the Editor and go to Edit►Preferences►Toolbar
Select the "Book wide tools" toolbar and add it there.
Karellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2023, 04:11 AM   #7
prom king
Sloshed

So I finally managed to run the EpubCheck, and I get this message on the top that there are some errors. What do I do now?

Old 07-07-2023, 05:52 AM   #8
Karellen
Wizard
Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
@prom king

Each line indicates a separate error.
It tells you exactly which file has the error and the line number - index_split_848.html on Line 21 for the first one. And it looks like you have a value="" probably in a <p> tag.

If you are not sure how to fix, copy that entire line into a post here, so we can see how it is used, and we can tell you how to fix.

The li error further down indicates a list, but looks like it is improperly used.
Karellen is offline   Reply With Quote