Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-05-2018, 03:27 PM   #1
corke1
corke1 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle app on iPhone & iPad
I can't email books to my Kindle device

calibre, version 3.20.0 (darwin, embedded-python: True)
Code:
Failed to email book: Failed: Email Bill O'Reilly's Legends and Lies to ads_20b1c3@kindle.com

Starting job: Email Bill O'Reilly's Legends and Lies to ads_20b1c3@kindle.com 

Sending failed...

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/email.py", line 44, in run
  File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/email.py", line 134, in sendmail
  File "site-packages/calibre/utils/smtp.py", line 135, in sendmail
  File "site-packages/calibre/utils/smtp.py", line 127, in sendmail_direct
IOError: Failed to send mail: error(60, 'Operation timed out')

Retrying in 1 seconds...

Waiting 1 seconds before sending, to avoid being marked as spam.
You can control this delay via Preferences->Tweaks 

Sending failed...

File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/email.py", line 44, in run
  File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/email.py", line 134, in sendmail
  File "site-packages/calibre/utils/smtp.py", line 135, in sendmail
  File "site-packages/calibre/utils/smtp.py", line 127, in sendmail_direct

Job: "Email Bill O'Reilly's Legends and Lies to ads_20b1c3@kindle.com" failed with error: 
  File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/threaded_jobs.py", line 84, in start_work
  File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/email.py", line 101, in __call__

Called with args: (u'/var/folders/xz/6pxb1k294739wz6_s0bwvzgw0000gn/C/calibre_3.20.0_tmp_S8D9ZT/xbEq_Wcaltmpfmt.MOBI', u"Bill O'Reilly's Legends and Lies - David Fisher.MOBI", u'ads_20b1c3@kindle.com', u"E-book: Bill O'Reilly's Legends and Lies", u"Attached, you will find the e-book\n\nBill O'Reilly's Legends and Lies\n\tby David Fisher\n\nin the MOBI format.") {u'abort': <threading._Event object at 0x119e07290>, u'log': <calibre.utils.logging.GUILog object at 0x11b2f7150>, u'notifications': <Queue.Queue instance at 0x119e15cb0>}

Last edited by issybird; 04-05-2018 at 07:01 PM.
corke1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 07:24 PM   #2
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
IF they are in Calibre plug your Kindle into the PC & Side load them.
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-05-2018, 08:20 PM   #3
corke1
corke1 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle app on iPhone & iPad
The Kindle apps are on my iPhone and iPad. I cannot plug them into my PC (I use a Mac) because they are not Kindle devices.
corke1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 09:51 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq...-using-calibre
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 10:06 PM   #5
sheona18
sheona18 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Hi,

I've been having the same issue. I used to be able to send the ebooks to my kindle using my email address, but yesterday I tried to do it and it failed to send. An error message would pop up (same as OP). I have followed the instructions found in the link from the above post and made a gmx account and added this account to send from my kindle. After a few mins of trying to send the ebook to my kindle, calibre displays the following message:

Job: "Email Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe to SHEONA.SOANS_6632F2@KINDLE.COM" failed with error:
File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/threaded_jobs.py", line 84, in start_work
File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/email.py", line 101, in __call__
SMTPAuthenticationError: (535, 'Authentication credentials invalid')

I have transferred the ebooks to my kindle by connecting it to my mac, but these ebooks will not show up on the kindle app on my phone when I try to sync it. I've never had these issues with Calibre/ Kindle before. Any help or advice would be much appreciated

Last edited by sheona18; 04-06-2018 at 10:11 PM.
sheona18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-06-2018, 10:13 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You've entered an incorrect username/password for your gmx acount. Remember the username is the full gmx email address.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 12:41 AM   #7
sheona18
sheona18 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Thank you, it seems to be working fine now
sheona18 is offline   Reply With Quote