Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-24-2023, 06:22 PM   #1
DeviOT
DeviOT began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Post How to display actual number of pages in a book

Hi everyone, I've tried looking around on Google and couldn't find anything. I'm looking to basically display the number of times I will have to flip the page on my kobo. I.e. if the book has 300 pages, but I will have to flip the page 450 times I want it to display 450. Thanks in advance! (Not sure how relevant this is, but this is for sideloaded books)
DeviOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2023, 07:03 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeviOT View Post
Hi everyone, I've tried looking around on Google and couldn't find anything. I'm looking to basically display the number of times I will have to flip the page on my kobo. I.e. if the book has 300 pages, but I will have to flip the page 450 times I want it to display 450. Thanks in advance! (Not sure how relevant this is, but this is for sideloaded books)
The only way to get that number is you use KOReader. ePub will not do it and KePub should do it but doesn't because of some bug in the page number.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-24-2023, 08:23 PM   #3
DeviOT
DeviOT began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
The only way to get that number is you use KOReader. ePub will not do it and KePub should do it but doesn't because of some bug in the page number.
That's really unfortunate. I tried koreader but as far as I can see it doesn't work with onedrive and dropbox integration is much more difficult than the inbuilt one through nicklemenu but thanks either way
DeviOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2023, 08:40 PM   #4
Aleron Ives
Wizard
Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

KEPUB does what you want, as long as you don't mind the page count being slightly off. The longer your chapters are, the bigger the difference becomes, but in a normal novel the page count will only be off by maybe 2-3 pages per chapter.
Aleron Ives is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
question, software