Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 09-26-2023, 10:54 AM   #1
breakmeouttahere
breakmeouttahere began at the beginning.

Device: kindle kt3 5.13.5
Unhappy What did I miss?

I inherited a Kindle and id like to run KOReader on it, but im stuck and dont know what exactly is not working, so i was hoping someone with a better grasp than my own could point me in the right direction, please.

If i understand correctly, KOReader wont replace the built-in Amazon software, just run kindof on top of it, so i should be ending up with an additional launch button somewhere in the existing UI. And i did get a KUAL button, except i dont think it does anything. (Also, i just wanted to mention that im perfectly fine with never turning off airplane mode - i remember reading it that might factor into something.)

I have a KT3 running FW 5.13.5 and this is where im at:

I completed the steps of this jailbreak guide successfully: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=346037 I did get an application error message described in Jailbreak step #8.

Then i went on to install KOReader, following the instructions here: https://github.com/koreader/koreader...Kindle-devices and step #2 directed me to the KUAL installation post here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=203326 where i pretty much had to skip the regular installation and instead went with the "Important notice for KOA/KT3/KOA2/PW4/KT4 owners, as well as *anything* that might be running FW >= 5.9.x:" part, where i kindof just assumed i had the right hotfix version and proceeded with the rest of the steps successfully.

Back at the Github guide, i completed step #3 (i dont know what 4 and 5 are), which i understand was to copy a portable version of KOReader onto my device and now i should be able to find a button for launching it - i think - after tapping the KUAL "book" on my home screen, except its completely empty and after entering, i cant escape from the blank menu/folder without restarting.

Here are some images to illustrate some of the above: https://imgur.com/a/kqElFCu

So this is where im at right now and i really hope someone can help and spot the issue that is a complete blind spot for me, cause i dont really know what i did wrong :c

But hey, i hope you all are doing well, and have a nice day, everyone! And thanks in advance!
breakmeouttahere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2023, 12:31 PM   #2
hius07
Wizard
hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, PW3, PW4, Voyage
The main source of apps: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=225030
After the jb:
-install MRPI (just unpack and copy)
-install KUAL (coplate) via mrpi
-test your KUAL: run - it must show its menu
-install KOReader (just unpack and copy)
hius07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-27-2023, 09:47 AM   #3
breakmeouttahere

@hius07 Thank you very much, it worked splendidly!

I did the whole procedure from the beginning, although im not sure it was completely necessary. But i have a menu now and everything. KOReader too.

If you dont mind my masking, what are Stardict and Tesseract? (i suspect Stardict is like a searchable, funcional dictionary in a special format, is that right?)
Old 09-27-2023, 11:52 AM   #4
breakmeouttahere

found both in the manual. thanks again, cheers
Old 09-29-2023, 08:18 AM   #5
breakmeouttahere

can KOReader connect to pc somehow since it coudnt? cause all the info i found on this was a bit from a while ago and i was wondering if it had been implemented maybe
Advert
Old 09-30-2023, 05:50 PM   #6
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Only on Kobo.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle, koreader, kual broken, question