Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 07-08-2016, 02:17 PM   #31
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.
DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite · Fire HD6/HD8/HD10 · Galaxy Tab A7
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
I resisted, because the only promo I qualified for was the $10 Alexa discount. $69 wasn't low enough for me to bite. So, I'll save that for Prime Day when Amazon will have one more Amazon device up for grabs. Maybe it'll be the Echo Dot; which could explain why it disappeared from the store. Who knows?
I qualified for the $10 Alexa-purchase discount and also had a $10 credit from yesterday's Audible 3-month Free Trial offer, so that sweetened the Tap deal enough for me.

I'm also interested in Echo Dot if it's priced low enough. I'd love to hook one up to my Creative Sound Blaster Roar speaker to enable voice control. I don't think I'd pay more than $50 for it, though.
DreamWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 12:12 PM   #32
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWriter View Post
I qualified for the $10 Alexa-purchase discount and also had a $10 credit from yesterday's Audible 3-month Free Trial offer, so that sweetened the Tap deal enough for me.

I'm also interested in Echo Dot if it's priced low enough. I'd love to hook one up to my Creative Sound Blaster Roar speaker to enable voice control. I don't think I'd pay more than $50 for it, though.
A $59 Tap; most excellent

I'd love to get an Echo or two at a comparable discount. Yesterday's Tap offer was about 40% off before the other discounts. A 40% discount on the Dot would bring it down to $54.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-10-2016, 06:11 AM   #33
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Prime Day Offers
  • Amz Prime Store Card -- free $50 gift card --> details --> exp 12 Jul
  • Amz Rewards Visa Card -- $30 off $150 purchase --> details --> exp 12 Jul
  • Alexa Discount Offer -- $10 off $20 purchase --> details --> exp 12 Jul
  • Audible Membership -- 3-mo Free + $10 Amz credit --> details --> exp 12 Jul
  • Kindle Unlimited -- save up to 40% off subscription --> details --> exp 12 Jul
  • Prime Now Offer -- $10 off now + $10 off later --> details --> exp 12 Jul

Last edited by tubemonkey; 07-12-2016 at 03:52 AM.
Old 07-10-2016, 09:02 AM   #34
Atunah
Wizard
Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1/K3/BasicK Voyage/Oasis1/Oasis3
What is the Prime Card $50 deal? I can't find that anywhere
Atunah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 09:59 AM   #35
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Amazon Prime Store Card -- free $50 gift card --> exp 12 Jul

Quote:
Sign-Up Offer -- Now through Prime Day: A $50 Amazon.com Gift Card will instantly be loaded into your Amazon.com Account upon the approval of your credit card application

Save More with an Amazon Prime Store Card -- Save 5% on Prime Day and every day at Amazon.com. Prime members who open an Amazon Prime Store Card now through Prime Day get a $50 Amazon.com Gift Card instantly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atunah View Post
Ooops... I forgot to post the deal. Here it is.

Last edited by tubemonkey; 07-10-2016 at 05:39 PM.
Advert
Old 07-10-2016, 10:29 AM   #36
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.
DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite · Fire HD6/HD8/HD10 · Galaxy Tab A7
Quote:
If you go to this link while signed in to your Amazon Prime account and scroll down, you'll see this sign-up offer:

Quote:
Now through Prime Day: A $50 Amazon.com Gift Card will instantly be loaded into your Amazon.com Account upon the approval of your credit card application.
If you are not signed in to your Prime account, the offer will be for a $10 gift card.
DreamWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 11:37 AM   #37
Atunah
Wizard
Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks guys. I have the amazon visa credit card, I don't have the store card. The 5% back is tempting, but not sure if I want yet another card to apply to. I guess its kind of like a credit card, just you can't use it anywhere but amazon.

eta: Well, I have the Prime store card now and $50 of gift cards in my account.

Took like seconds to be approved. I'll use it instead of the Amazon visa on stuff from Amazon for 5% instead of 3% and still use the other one for getting GC's for the stuff that isn't sold by Amazon and so on. Always pay off bills each month and its all good to do.

That brings subscribe and save stuff down to 20% off if I understand this right. Only of course if there is no GC balance on the account. I hate that I can't change payment away from GC for subscribe and save stuff and use a card on file instead. Since I always have a GC balance, this won't work that way for subscribe stuff then.

Last edited by Atunah; 07-10-2016 at 12:15 PM.
Old 07-10-2016, 01:33 PM   #38
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Thanks guys. I have the amazon visa credit card, I don't have the store card. The 5% back is tempting, but not sure if I want yet another card to apply to. I guess its kind of like a credit card, just you can't use it anywhere but amazon.

eta: Well, I have the Prime store card now and $50 of gift cards in my account.
YW - I signed up for the card last Nov to get $70 off an Echo. My final price was $75.
Old 07-10-2016, 02:13 PM   #39
Atunah
Wizard

Quote:
YW - I signed up for the card last Nov to get $70 off an Echo. My final price was $75.
Awesome deal you got. I still love my Echo, I paid $99 as I ordered it early.

I am still looking to use the Amazon Visa $30 off on the 12th. For $150 purchase. But only if its stuff I actually need. Holding off on a couple of things so I can add them all in the cart at once on Tuesday. And hopefully the FireTV will be on sale.

I think like anything else, its always important to use these deals smart.
Old 07-10-2016, 02:22 PM   #40
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Amz Rewards Visa Card -- $30 off $150 purchase --> starts 12 Jul

Quote:
Prime Day Offer: Get $30 off your purchase of $150 or more with the Amazon.com Rewards Visa Card

On Prime Day, July 12, 2016, you can get $30 off your purchase when you spend $150 or more on items shipped and sold by Amazon.com. Offer excludes Amazon.com Gift Cards and gift cards redeemable at other retailers.

To redeem the $30 discount, pay with your Amazon.com Rewards Visa Card and enter the promotion code "VISA30" at checkout.

To be eligible for this offer, you must be an Amazon.com Rewards Visa Card member.

How to redeem this offer on Prime Day:
  1. On Prime Day, add $150 or more of items shipped and sold by Amazon.com to your cart.
  2. Select your Amazon.com Rewards Visa Card as your payment method at checkout.
  3. Enter VISA30 as a promotional code at checkout.
  4. Place your order.
Get $30 off your purchase of $150 or more with the Amazon.com Rewards Visa Card: This is a limited-time offer while supplies last. Offer limited to one per customer and account. Offer is combinable with other Prime Day offers. This offer is available to Amazon.com Rewards Visa Card members only.

Get $30 off an Amazon.com purchase of $150 or more by selecting your Amazon.com Rewards Visa Card as your payment method and entering the promotion code VISA30 at checkout. Promotion code commences at 12:00 a.m. (PT) July 12, 2016, and expires at 11:59 p.m. (PT) July 12, 2016.

Spoiler:
Full terms and conditions:

Offer applies only to products shipped and sold by Amazon.com. Products sold by other merchants or third parties do not qualify for this promotion. If Amazon.com is not the seller this will be noted on the product detail page. Offer applies only to the purchase of eligible items made with the Amazon.com Rewards Visa Card. The maximum benefit you may receive from this offer is $30. Offer does not apply to digital content. Items must be purchased in a single order and shipped at the same speed to a single address. This promotion is available only to customers located in, and with billing addresses in, the United States. Offer discount will be allocated proportionally among all promotional items in your order. Shipping charges may apply to discounted and free promotional items. Taxes, shipping and handling, and gift wrap do not apply when determining minimum purchase amount. This promotion cannot be applied to orders already placed within Amazon.com. Offer is non-transferable and non-exchangeable and may not be resold. If any of the product or content related to this offer are returned, your refund will equal the amount you paid for the product or content, subject to applicable refund policies. Promotional codes (including those placed directly in accounts) may not be redeemed for Amazon.com Gift Cards unless an Amazon.com Gift Card is the stated benefit of the promotion. Amazon reserves the right to modify or cancel the offer at any time. Void where prohibited. If you violate any of these terms, the offer will be invalid. Chase is not responsible for provision of or failure to provide the stated benefits and services.

Last edited by tubemonkey; 07-10-2016 at 06:16 PM.
Old 07-10-2016, 05:31 PM   #41
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Quote:
Amz Rewards Visa Card -- $30 off $150 purchase --> starts 12 Jul

Prime Day Offer: Get $30 off your purchase of $150 or more with the Amazon.com Rewards Visa Card

On Prime Day, July 12, 2016, you can get $30 off your purchase when you spend $150 or more on items shipped and sold by Amazon.com. Offer excludes Amazon.com Gift Cards and gift cards redeemable at other retailers.

To redeem the $30 discount, pay with your Amazon.com Rewards Visa Card and enter the promotion code "VISA30" at checkout.

To be eligible for this offer, you must be an Amazon.com Rewards Visa Card member.

How to redeem this offer on Prime Day:
  1. On Prime Day, add $150 or more of items shipped and sold by Amazon.com to your cart.
  2. Select your Amazon.com Rewards Visa Card as your payment method at checkout.
  3. Enter VISA30 as a promotional code at checkout.
  4. Place your order.
Get $30 off your purchase of $150 or more with the Amazon.com Rewards Visa Card: This is a limited-time offer while supplies last. Offer limited to one per customer and account. Offer is combinable with other Prime Day offers. This offer is available to Amazon.com Rewards Visa Card members only.

Get $30 off an Amazon.com purchase of $150 or more by selecting your Amazon.com Rewards Visa Card as your payment method and entering the promotion code VISA30 at checkout. Promotion code commences at 12:00 a.m. (PT) July 12, 2016, and expires at 11:59 p.m. (PT) July 12, 2016.

Terms and Conditions
They had a similar offer last December. I got a 16gb HD8 for $112.49. Amazon had the HD8 on sale for $20 off and Visa had a 25% off sale. I'll have to keep my eyes open for a sale, but if this Prime day is anything like last year's I won't find much.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 06:03 PM   #42
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
I hope so. Last year's sale consisted of watches, some stuff I neither wanted nor needed, and more watches.
You could watch and see....

I'm lusting for a small/light/thin win10 ultrabook....but cheap.....no more than a few hundred ... if that.

I just returned a reconditioned Acer Aspire One that wouldn't stay connected to wifi even in the same room as the router.

I'd like something like that, but with more drive storage....
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 08:05 PM   #43
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Awesome deal you got. I still love my Echo, I paid $99 as I ordered it early.

I am still looking to use the Amazon Visa $30 off on the 12th. For $150 purchase. But only if its stuff I actually need. Holding off on a couple of things so I can add them all in the cart at once on Tuesday. And hopefully the FireTV will be on sale.

I think like anything else, its always important to use these deals smart.
That was my second Echo. I gave it to one of my sons for Christmas. I also gave him the remote I got with my first Echo. Amazon really should include the remote instead of charging extra for it.

For the $10 Alexa promo, there'll be one more Amazon device available on Prime Day. The Tap didn't interest me, so maybe this one might. Will have to wait until Tuesday to see what it is.
Old 07-11-2016, 07:19 AM   #44
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Quote:
For the $10 Alexa promo, there'll be one more Amazon device available on Prime Day. The Tap didn't interest me, so maybe this one might. Will have to wait until Tuesday to see what it is.
I'd be interested in the Dot, if they get it back in stock.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 09:47 AM   #45
jswinden
Nameless Being

Amazon's Annual #primedayfail

They promise it won't be quite as sucky as last year! Last year was a major fail. So far this year has been a major fail in regards to the Prime goodies they offered in the days leading up to #primedayfail. Where the hell are all the $0.99 Prime video rentals? Good luck finding them in that disorganized ripoff they call Prime Video! The only ones I noticed were not worth anything at all. I wouldn't have watched them even if they were free.

Let the suckfest begin...to be followed by yet another suckfest after Thanksgiving.

Personally, I think this is just Amazon's annual event to get more Prime customers.

Last edited by jswinden; 07-11-2016 at 09:59 AM.