Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 07-06-2016, 08:19 AM   #16
Wearever
Wizard
Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2,Voyage, Kindlle hdx 8.9, Ipad mini 4. Air 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorViking View Post
I've found that combining the pantry credit with the items they ship free anyway can score some very cheap groceries. I think I once got 20 packs of gum for about $2.
That is a good deal ! I guess they are starting early this year, I just checked and an item in my cart , and already they are offering $5.99 Pantry credits. I'm thinking of just adding items to my cart before Prime Day. Just to see what the credits will be.

Last edited by Wearever; 07-06-2016 at 11:31 AM.
Wearever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 01:54 PM   #17
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Prime Now -- $10 off now + $10 off later --> exp 12 Jul

Quote:
In celebration of Prime Day, Prime Now will feature deals on select items each day beginning on Wednesday, July 6, through Prime Day on July 12. During that timeframe, members who place their first-ever Prime Now order using promotional code 10PRIMENOW will receive $10 off that order, as well as a promotional code for an additional $10 to shop on Prime Now later in the month.

Prime Now -- Daily Deals --> exp 12 Jul

Quote:
As Amazon gears up for its second annual Prime Day on July 12, one new component for customers in a growing number of cities is the opportunity to get select deals delivered in an hour or less. Prime Now, Amazon’s superfast delivery service, has grown rapidly to more than 40 metropolitan areas worldwide since first launching in Manhattan in December of 2014.

Last edited by tubemonkey; 07-10-2016 at 05:58 PM.
tubemonkey is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-07-2016, 11:07 AM   #18
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Audible Offer -- 3-mo Free Trial + $10 Amz Credit -- exp 07 Jul

Note: this offer will be repeated on 12 Jul (Prime Day)

Enjoy more books with Audible, an Amazon company
* Get 3 months free, with 1 free audiobook download each month
* Get $10 to spend on Amazon.com
* After 3 months, Audible is only $14.95/month
* Choose from 180,000+ titles. Your books are yours to keep
* Don't like your book? Exchange it hassle-free for another one
* Cancel any time by visiting your Audible.com Account page

Quote:
Fine Print -- Limited time offer available to eligible Prime members. Offer limited to one per customer and account upon successful start of 3 month free trial. You will receive an e-mail from Amazon that indicates that the dollar amount of the credit has been added to your customer account. Promotional credit expires at 11:59 p.m. (PT) 90 days from day promotional credit is received. Promotional credit only applies to items sold and shipped by Amazon.com
* cross posted from Audiobooks - 2016

Last edited by tubemonkey; 07-10-2016 at 06:45 AM.
Old 07-07-2016, 12:20 PM   #19
TrevorViking
Wizard
TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire
Prime Day starts early if you have an Echo. Ask Alexa about Prime Day starting tomorrow, April 8th.
TrevorViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 05:26 AM   #20
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Alexa Offer -- $10 off $20 purchase --> exp 12 Jul

Quote:
Shop with Alexa -- Get deals exclusively for Prime members

Prime Day Discount -- $10 from Alexa

Now through July 12, shop with Alexa and get a one-time discount off a purchase over $20*

Spoiler:
*Terms and Conditions

$10 Off:
• Offer expires at 11:59 p.m. (PST) July 12, 2016.
• Offer is available on one (1) item over $20.00 purchased from Amazon.com using Alexa voice shopping on an Amazon Echo, Echo Dot, or Amazon Tap device.
• Offer does not apply to digital content or skills (e.g., Uber, Dominos).
• Offer good while supplies last.
• Shipping charges and taxes may apply to discounted and free promotional items.
• Offer limited to one per customer and per Amazon device.
• Taxes, shipping and handling do not apply when determining minimum purchase amount.
• The maximum benefit you may receive from this offer is $10.00.
• This offer is available to Prime members only.
• Amazon reserves the right to modify or cancel the offer at any time.
• Offer is non-transferable and may not be resold.
• If any of the products related to this offer are returned, your refund will equal the amount you paid for the product, subject to applicable refund policies.
• If you violate any of these terms, the offer will be invalid.
• Customers using Alexa only to purchase products sold by sellers other than Amazon will receive a $10 gift card or promotional credit after the promotion period ends as a thank you for trying Alexa voice shopping, rather than $10 off their purchase price.
Quote:
$10 discount on first Amazon order using Alexa Amazon is offering all Prime members $10 off one purchase using Alexa. Between July 8 and July 12, a $10 discount will be applied to customers' first eligible order over $20, including Prime Day spotlight deals or exclusive Alexa deals, accessed through the Amazon Echo, Echo Dot, or Amazon Tap. Also starting today, members can buy these exclusive deals using Alexa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorViking View Post
Prime Day starts early if you have an Echo. Ask Alexa about Prime Day starting tomorrow, April 8th.
...and here it is.

Last edited by tubemonkey; 07-11-2016 at 10:10 AM.
Advert
Old 07-08-2016, 08:06 AM   #21
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Today Only -- How to get an Amazon Tap for $5.55 -- exp 08 Jul @ 11:59pm PT

This offer is only for Prime Members with an Alexa device

Quote:
TODAY ONLY -- "Alexa, order an Amazon Tap." --> $129.99 $79

Plus an additional $10 discount when you make your first purchase with Alexa.*
That's right, I said $5.55 - but it'll hinge on jumping through a few hoops first. Keep in mind that if you don't qualify for all of these promos, your final price will fluctuate anywhere between $9 and $79.

Amazon Tap
  • $79 -- after Alexa discount ($129.99 - $50.99)
  • $69 -- after one-time discount ($79 - $10)
  • $59 -- after Amazon.com credit from yesterday's Audible promo ($69 - $10)
  • $9 --- after Amazon gift card from Prime Store Card promo ($59 - $50)
Note: if you have any other promotional credits and/or gift card balances in your account, they'll also be used for this purchase (according to a call I made to Amazon).

Let's Get Started

Step 1 -- apply for an Amazon Prime Store Card. If you're approved (takes a few minutes), you'll receive a $50 Amazon Gift Card.
Quote:
Save 5% on Prime Day and every day at Amazon.com. Prime members who open an Amazon Prime Store Card now through Prime Day get a $50 Amazon.com Gift Card instantly.
Step 2 -- activate 1-Click payment for your Alexa device. Choose your Amazon Prime Store Card for the payment method. You can always turn it off after you place your order.

Step 3 -- place your voice order with your Alexa device (Echo, Dot, Tap):
  • Order: "Alexa, order an Amazon Tap"
  • Response: "Okay, Amazon Tap. $69 total after $10 off. Should I order it?"

• NOTE: at this point, Alexa will apply the $10 one-time discount, the $10 Audible promo credit, and the $50 Prime Card promo gift card for a final price of $9. If that doesn't happen, stop and call Amazon for help with your order (1-888-280-3321). Otherwise, proceed with the order.

• Confirm: "Yes"
Step 4 -- you'll receive a 5% Prime Card statement credit of $3.45 ($69 purchase price - 5% card reward) on your first statement; bringing your final price to $5.55.

Fine Print
• Amazon Tap offer expires at 11:59 p.m. (PST) July 8, 2016, and all other item-specific offers expire at 11:59 p.m. (PST) July 12, 2016.
• Offer only applies to eligible products purchased from Amazon.com using Alexa voice shopping on an Amazon Echo, Echo Dot, or Amazon Tap device.
• Offer good while supplies last.
• Shipping charges and taxes may apply to discounted and free promotional items.
• Each product discount is limited to one per customer and per Amazon device.
• Offer only applies to selected items displayed on this promotional page
• This offer is available to Prime members only.
• Amazon reserves the right to modify or cancel the offer at any time.
• Offer is non-transferable and may not be resold.
• If any of the products related to this offer are returned, your refund will equal the amount you paid for the product, subject to applicable refund policies.
• If you violate any of these terms, the offer will be invalid.

Last edited by tubemonkey; 07-08-2016 at 09:19 AM.
Old 07-08-2016, 08:24 AM   #22
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
...and here it is:

Shop with Alexa - Get deals exclusively for Prime members

*Terms and Conditions
Wish I didn't have a Tap. If I didn't, I could get one TODAY ONLY for $79 by asking Alexa (our Echo) about Prime Day. That's $50 off the regular price, not to mention the additional $10 to shop on Prime Now later in the month by using the promo code 10PRIMENOW. Of course, Prime Now isn't available in all areas, so YMMV.

For the record, I love love love my Tap and Echo.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 08:26 AM   #23
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
Wish I didn't have a Tap. If I didn't, I could get one TODAY ONLY for $79 by asking Alexa (our Echo) about Prime Day. That's $50 off the regular price, not to mention the additional $10 to shop on Prime Now later in the month by using the promo code 10PRIMENOW. Of course, Prime Now isn't available in all areas, so YMMV.

...or even less. See post 21
Old 07-08-2016, 08:54 AM   #24
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
...or even less. See post 21
I just ordered this Drone for $15. It's palm of your hand tiny, but it has a camera that takes video and still pictures. For the price, I hardly expect the pictures to compete with a $3,000 Nikon, but it should be fun, and even on my budget I don't feel too bad about a $15 unnecessary purchase. I wonder what our wasps will think of the new visitor to their nests?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	dromida_kodo_clp.png
Views:	824
Size:	292.7 KB
ID:	150040  
Old 07-08-2016, 09:21 AM   #25
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
I just ordered this Drone for $15. It's palm of your hand tiny, but it has a camera that takes video and still pictures. For the price, I hardly expect the pictures to compete with a $3,000 Nikon, but it should be fun, and even on my budget I don't feel too bad about a $15 unnecessary purchase. I wonder what our wasps will think of the new visitor to their nests?
Be careful where you fly it. Some folks like to shoot 'em down for violating their air space.
Old 07-08-2016, 09:59 AM   #26
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

Quote:
Be careful where you fly it. Some folks like to shoot 'em down for violating their air space.
Well, there go my plans to fly down neighbor's chimneys and scope out their homes.
Old 07-08-2016, 11:26 AM   #27
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
I was hoping for a deal on the Echo Dot; but alas, it's sold out and no longer listed.
Old 07-08-2016, 12:11 PM   #28
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.
DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite · Fire HD6/HD8/HD10 · Galaxy Tab A7
Quote:
I was hoping for a deal on the Echo Dot; but alas, it's sold out and no longer listed.
I'm hoping Echo Dot will be available on Prime Day at a reduced price.

I tried to resist temptation, but I purchased a Tap today. Main use will be in the bedroom to play music/nature sounds at bedtime. Alexa's sleep timer function will be handy for that. I'll probably listen to the daily news briefing in the morning, too. Its portability is a plus.
DreamWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 12:34 PM   #29
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
IF the Chimney doesn't have a Cover then they shouldn't expect privacy!
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 01:13 PM   #30
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWriter View Post
I'm hoping Echo Dot will be available on Prime Day at a reduced price.

I tried to resist temptation, but I purchased a Tap today. Main use will be in the bedroom to play music/nature sounds at bedtime. Alexa's sleep timer function will be handy for that. I'll probably listen to the daily news briefing in the morning, too. Its portability is a plus.
I resisted, because the only promo I qualified for was the $10 Alexa discount. $69 wasn't low enough for me to bite. So, I'll save that for Prime Day when Amazon will have one more Amazon device up for grabs. Maybe it'll be the Echo Dot; which could explain why it disappeared from the store. Who knows?