Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 01-06-2016, 05:44 PM   #31
odo
Connoisseur
odo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Sorry about that, but you're correct. I forgot it was a prepaid offer. Just ignore that monkey behind the curtain
Nah, no problem at all. In fact, I'm deeply grateful for the heads up on this promotion.
odo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 06:44 PM   #32
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
Bernard Lee DeLeo's Cold Blooded Assassin. Your Choice: $3.98 WS or $17.95 Audible.

Title: Cold Blooded Assassin Book 1 (Nick McCarty Assassin Series).
Genre: Fiction (Crime).
Author(s): Bernard Lee DeLeo.
Price: $3.98 ($1.99 ebook (marked down) + $1.99 Whispersync audio).
Regular Price of Audio, by Itself, at Audible: $17.95.
Ebook Rating/Number of Reviews: 4.3 stars/164 reviews (Amazon).
Audio Rating/Number of Ratings: 3.8/17 ratings.
Pages/Audio Length: 313/8 hours and 30 minutes.
Narrator(s): Mike Dennis.
Audible URL: http://www.audible.com/pd/Mysteries-...2123505&sr=1-1.
Amazon URL (can get the whole Whispersync deal here): http://www.amazon.com/Cold-Blooded-A...dp/B00HEVCJRK/.
Comments: This book is the #1 seller at Amazon in two categories. There are currently four books in the Nick McCarty Assassin Series.
Book Description (Amazon):
Rachel Hunter witnessed her husband being murdered a year ago and since then, her and her 7 year old daughter, Jean, are in the Witness Protection Program. Rachel works as a waitress, and is at work when she first meets Nick McCarthy, a New York Best Selling Author of an Assassin book series. However, his writing is a cover for his real profession, an Assassin. His next assignment - take out Rachel Hunter, but Nick can't do it, and instead, helps protect Rachel and her daughter in what becomes a cross-country killing spree to eliminate the people who ordered her hit.

Lots of action scenes with a high body count. An added dab of humor adds to the story for an enjoyable read.
GtrsRGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-07-2016, 12:16 AM   #33
darthyoda6
Connoisseur
darthyoda6 can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.darthyoda6 can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.darthyoda6 can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.darthyoda6 can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.darthyoda6 can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.darthyoda6 can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.darthyoda6 can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.darthyoda6 can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.darthyoda6 can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.darthyoda6 can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.darthyoda6 can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Paperwhite 10th Gen, Kindle 7th Gen
I bought the voucher and still managed to get it at the $8 price, but when I go to claim it at Amazon I get
Oops! It seems you are not eligible for this promotion. Please check the promotion details.
If you have any questions, please contact Customer Care at 1-888-283-5051.

So do I call customer care, or create a new account?
darthyoda6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 12:27 PM   #34
abqkjh
Zealot
abqkjh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abqkjh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abqkjh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abqkjh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abqkjh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abqkjh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abqkjh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abqkjh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abqkjh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abqkjh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abqkjh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto e5
Audible's having a $4.95 Sale

New Year's Resolution Sale - 102 books that all appear to be NON-Fiction

Sale Page

"This special $4.95 offer is for Audible members only and is valid only on the Audible U.S. site. Offer is not transferable and cannot be combined with any other offer. Audible reserves the right to cancel the offer at any time. The sale begins January 7, 2016 and ends January 10, 2016 at 11:59 PM PT. "
abqkjh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 02:07 PM   #35
wawasteele
Addict
wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 1st PW, Sansa Clip Zip, Samsungs: GT 7.0 Plus, Note4, GT 4 10.1"
This isn't on sale, but wow, do I consdier it a wonderful deal. If you like Sherock Holmes, then this is for you. All of his stories, over 70 hours worth, for only one credit at Audible. In my case, that credit only cost $0.99 from one of the last specials, but for this, I think it's even worth a full cost credit.

http://www.audible.com/pd/Fiction/Th...2192934&sr=1-4
wawasteele is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-07-2016, 02:28 PM   #36
skinmaan
Wizard
skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: android tablet, Kindle KB
Quote:
Originally Posted by wawasteele View Post
This isn't on sale, but wow, do I consdier it a wonderful deal. If you like Sherock Holmes, then this is for you. All of his stories, over 70 hours worth, for only one credit at Audible. In my case, that credit only cost $0.99 from one of the last specials, but for this, I think it's even worth a full cost credit.

Let me suggest a similar alternative. All the stories, but read by Simon Vance, perhaps the best in the business. If I didn't already have them all individually I'd be all over this.

http://www.audible.com/pd/Fiction/Th...ook/B00FEFE4XK

Last edited by tubemonkey; 01-07-2016 at 02:42 PM. Reason: sorry, I hit the wrong button.
skinmaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 02:47 PM   #37
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by wawasteele View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinmaan View Post
Let me suggest a similar alternative. All the stories, but read by Simon Vance, perhaps the best in the business. If I didn't already have them all individually I'd be all over this.

Comparison

-- 1st Collection = 70:53 hrs --- 4 novels & 56 shorts --- Charlton Griffin
-- 2nd Collection = 58:04 hrs -- 4 novels & 40+ shorts -- Simon Vance
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 04:26 PM   #38
wawasteele
Addict
wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 1st PW, Sansa Clip Zip, Samsungs: GT 7.0 Plus, Note4, GT 4 10.1"
Quote:
Let me suggest a similar alternative. All the stories, but read by Simon Vance, perhaps the best in the business. If I didn't already have them all individually I'd be all over this. There are, however, a few negative reviews about his reading, so as with everything YMMV.

I already had a lot of Homes, but not all. Isn't Holmes wonderful?

I did consider the Simon Vance reading, but as our wonderful monkey already pointed out, it's not complete. I listened to the entire sample before purchasing and decided Griffin was good for me. Also, if after listening to it for a longer time, I find out I don't care for his reading I can return it and get the Simon Vance version. However, I'm now over an hour into it and I think Charlton Griffin is doing a good job.
wawasteele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 04:45 PM   #39
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by abqkjh View Post
New Year's Resolution Sale - 102 books that all appear to be NON-Fiction

Sale Page

"This special $4.95 offer is for Audible members only and is valid only on the Audible U.S. site. Offer is not transferable and cannot be combined with any other offer. Audible reserves the right to cancel the offer at any time. The sale begins January 7, 2016 and ends January 10, 2016 at 11:59 PM PT. "
Thanks.

It's apparently good for us ListenerLight members, because the sale page appears for me.

It's named the "Start a Resolution" (note: that's "resolution," not "revolution" ha) sale. There's more than just the diet and other health-related things that you (I, anyway) think of when you think about new year's resolutions--there are personal development/business-type audiobooks, too.
GtrsRGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 04:47 PM   #40
skinmaan
Wizard
skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Comparison

-- 1st Collection = 70:53 hrs --- 4 novels & 56 shorts --- Charlton Griffin
-- 2nd Collection = 58:04 hrs -- 4 novels & 40+ shorts -- Simon Vance
Since the Vance version is American (Blackstone, I believe) they likely skipped "The Casebook of Sherlock Holmes." It is the only portion of the Doyle "canon" that isn't PD in the US.
Old 01-07-2016, 05:39 PM   #41
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
Since the Vance version is American (Blackstone, I believe) they likely skipped "The Casebook of Sherlock Holmes." It is the only portion of the Doyle "canon" that isn't PD in the US.
That's OK, having the Simon Vance reading is definitely a good deal for a single credit.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 06:02 PM   #42
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
According to the user reviews, it's in there.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 07:06 PM   #43
skinmaan
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by pidgeon92 View Post
According to the user reviews, it's in there.
Well, now I'm just confused. (And, I promise, this is my last word on the subject - we're about as far off of deals as I think I can wander by law.) I added up all of the Simon Prebble Holmes versions. (I have to use the Timson version of Casebook, as Tantor never produced it for the above reason.) They add up to just over 70 hours. How in the heck does Vance squeeze all 60 stories (56 shorts and 4 novels) into 56 hours? That's like, 25% faster than the other versions? I think Vance must have had to go All Alvin to make that work!

Old 01-07-2016, 10:29 PM   #44
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthyoda6 View Post
I bought the voucher and still managed to get it at the $8 price, but when I go to claim it at Amazon I get
Oops! It seems you are not eligible for this promotion. Please check the promotion details.
If you have any questions, please contact Customer Care at 1-888-283-5051.

So do I call customer care, or create a new account?
You could create an account, then gift the audiobooks to your main account. then close the extra account after the trial period.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 10:46 PM   #45
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Well, now I'm just confused. (And, I promise, this is my last word on the subject - we're about as far off of deals as I think I can wander by law.) I added up all of the Simon Prebble Holmes versions. (I have to use the Timson version of Casebook, as Tantor never produced it for the above reason.) They add up to just over 70 hours. How in the heck does Vance squeeze all 60 stories (56 shorts and 4 novels) into 56 hours? That's like, 25% faster than the other versions?
It's sometimes surprising how much pauses can add up, especially over a 50+ hour reading.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote