Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Editor

Notices

Old 01-10-2015, 05:27 PM   #1
phossler
Wizard
phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
How do I delete a User-Defined tag?

I have some user defined tags that I want to delete from the dropdown list but cannot find out how to or where they're stored

The new snippets feature is much more flexible and a number of my old tags are OBE

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	252
Size:	63.2 KB
ID:	133636  

Last edited by phossler; 01-10-2015 at 05:30 PM.
phossler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 07:15 PM   #2
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
It's in the file tweak_book_gui.json in your calibre config directory - in the field named "insert_tag_mru".

You may need to close calibre before trying to edit it manually.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-10-2015, 07:51 PM   #3
phossler
Wizard
phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Got it

It's a little obscure having to do it that way. I made a backup and was VERY careful

Thanks

Last edited by phossler; 01-10-2015 at 07:55 PM.
phossler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 09:14 AM   #4
tadas
tadas began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Where is this tweak_book_gui.json file located? There is no directory called "config" in either
C:\Program Files (x86)\Calibre2\ or C:\Program Files\Calibre2\. I'm trying to delete an entry, and fix a typo in an entry in a column I created called #kindlecollections

Last edited by tadas; 04-19-2015 at 09:17 AM.
tadas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 09:57 AM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by tadas View Post
Where is this tweak_book_gui.json file located? There is no directory called "config" in either
C:\Program Files (x86)\Calibre2\ or C:\Program Files\Calibre2\. I'm trying to delete an entry, and fix a typo in an entry in a column I created called #kindlecollections
You are asking 2 DIFFERENT things

1) Custom Column info is inside the DB and you MUST use the tools provided or you will DESTROY your DB BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP

Preferences:Add your own columns: Highlight the custom name you wish to change: click the Blue 'i': edit (you can NOT change the type)
Note: the last_modified date will get reset and ALL metadata.opf will regenerate (takes time , allow for this. not recommended to do this on battery power)

The Editor
(I see this is done)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-19-2015, 08:12 PM   #6
tadas

Thanks, theducks, but I think you just explained how to rename a custom column, which isn't what I was looking for. I have a custom column, #kindlecollections, defined as comma-separated text, used in conjunction with the Kindle Collections plugin. I have many Kindle collections defined in this column, which appear in a dropdown box whenever I'm editing that field for a book. One of those collection names is misspelled, and another of them was accidentally entered ("my" when I was trying to select "mystery") how do I correct the misspelling of one of my #kindlecollections *member elements* and expunge the one I never want to see clogging my dropdown again?
Old 04-19-2015, 08:34 PM   #7
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by tadas View Post
Thanks, theducks, but I think you just explained how to rename a custom column, which isn't what I was looking for. I have a custom column, #kindlecollections, defined as comma-separated text, used in conjunction with the Kindle Collections plugin. I have many Kindle collections defined in this column, which appear in a dropdown box whenever I'm editing that field for a book. One of those collection names is misspelled, and another of them was accidentally entered ("my" when I was trying to select "mystery") how do I correct the misspelling of one of my #kindlecollections *member elements* and expunge the one I never want to see clogging my dropdown again?

Tag browser: expand your KC section (has column icon):right-click the name:rename

done
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 08:49 PM   #8
tadas

Thank you very much. I'd forgotten the tag browser since I hid it away two years ago as a waste of screen real estate <g>.