Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2015, 11:47 AM   #46
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinmaan View Post
Cool.

Appropriate for today. Can't remember the last time it was this cold.
Last winter.
Old 01-08-2015, 03:28 PM   #47
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Cool.

Appropriate for today. Can't remember the last time it was this cold.
You said it! It's 24F here in Raleigh! Too sunny for snow though.
Advert
Old 01-08-2015, 05:58 PM   #48
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
Last winter.
Maybe.

8F here this morning. Made it to 10 by noon.
Old 01-08-2015, 07:46 PM   #49
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
Maybe.

8F here this morning. Made it to 10 by noon.
I miss that kind of weather. It's been too warm here for winter today is the first day it felt like it to me.
Old 01-09-2015, 02:03 AM   #50
bookratt
Wizard
bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS505 & PRS600, iPad, Pandigital Novel, iPad 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamborine View Post
Same thing just happened to me with The Time Machine - I got a message during checkout saying something like "you recently got new credits that you can use for this purchase - your cart has been updated to reflect this". Luckily I noticed. Stormcloude is right - Oi!

ps - Thanks, Skinmaan, for posting this freebie! And thanks to Tubemonkey and everyone else who finds us great deals. (I missed posting during the lovefest the other day, but I really appreciate what you guys do!)

Ha ha, I just had that happen too. I always make sure the box isn't checked to use a credit, then boom, they nicely filled it in for me. Sorry Audible, Freebie Time! Uncheck!
Advert
Old 01-10-2015, 09:31 AM   #51
skinmaan
Wizard
skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: android tablet, Kindle KB
Apparently Land Rover is promoting their products with a big online push of something called The Vanishing Game. Why does that matter to you? Part of what is out there is an audiobook. You can take a look here for what it sounds like, but if you are interested, some part (maybe all of it) is available through Audible here.

This isn't the first time this has been done. I've seen references to BMW doing it several years ago as well. The production value is pretty high, so I will probably check it out. I've no idea how long this will be available so if you are interested check it out.

Enjoy!
skinmaan
Your audiobook bloodhound
Old 01-10-2015, 10:26 AM   #52
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
One of the Kindle Daily Deals today (January 10) is a selection of five stand-alone thrillers by Linwood Barclay for $1.99 each; the companion Audible audiobooks are also either $1.99 or 99 cents. I've listened to all of these and recommend them highly.
Old 01-10-2015, 03:54 PM   #53
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Apparently Land Rover is promoting their products with a big online push of something called The Vanishing Game. Why does that matter to you? Part of what is out there is an audiobook. You can take a look here for what it sounds like, but if you are interested, some part (maybe all of it) is available through Audible here.

This isn't the first time this has been done. I've seen references to BMW doing it several years ago as well. The production value is pretty high, so I will probably check it out. I've no idea how long this will be available so if you are interested check it out.
Thanks - added to OP
Old 01-10-2015, 05:52 PM   #54
Froide
Wizard
Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy and Windows devices. RIP: Palm & Nook devices.
Quote:

Enjoy!
skinmaan
Your audiobook bloodhound
FYI, it's also available as a Kindle book at Amazon.com.
Old 01-10-2015, 05:57 PM   #55
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
Quote:

It's been a promo since late last year as an ebook version on the iTunes store, which has a multimedia and a "regular" version, and as Froide mentioned upthread, is also available via Amazon.

I actually rather liked the concept of the multimedia site and was disappointed that the iTunes version didn't seem to come with the audio narration, so I'm pleased to see it made available through other means as well.

Thanks!
Old 01-14-2015, 10:13 AM   #56
Jenga5238
Enthusiast
Jenga5238 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jenga5238 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jenga5238 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jenga5238 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jenga5238 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jenga5238 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jenga5238 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jenga5238 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jenga5238 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jenga5238 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jenga5238 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Kindle, iPhone
1- I did the math just a few minutes ago, and thanks to the efforts of all the great contributors in this forum I've gotten 14 credits in the last year for a whopping $22.04! Thanks everyone for the great cheap books!

2 - I'm considering using my 2 credits and cancelling my subscription (which I've got to do in the next two weeks anyway) to attempt to use the CNET promo, but I'm not sure it's still active. Should I wait around another couple of weeks for a sale or just give it a whirl? I"m taking opinions!
Old 01-14-2015, 10:20 AM   #57
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenga5238 View Post
1- I did the math just a few minutes ago, and thanks to the efforts of all the great contributors in this forum I've gotten 14 credits in the last year for a whopping $22.04! Thanks everyone for the great cheap books!

2 - I'm considering using my 2 credits and cancelling my subscription (which I've got to do in the next two weeks anyway) to attempt to use the CNET promo, but I'm not sure it's still active. Should I wait around another couple of weeks for a sale or just give it a whirl? I"m taking opinions!
Which CNET promo? I'm not aware of any at the moment.
Old 01-14-2015, 11:10 AM   #58
avi1368
avi1368 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'avi1368 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'avi1368 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'avi1368 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'avi1368 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'avi1368 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'avi1368 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'avi1368 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'avi1368 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'avi1368 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'avi1368 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

Device: none
The one at the bottom of this page http://www.cnet.com/news/get-a-3-mon...-for-99-cents/

Still works just subscribed to the deal myself.
Old 01-14-2015, 11:18 AM   #59
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by avi1368 View Post
The one at the bottom of this page http://www.cnet.com/news/get-a-3-mon...-for-99-cents/

Still works just subscribed to the deal myself.
That one - thanks. I have it listed as an Audible promo, because no one is sponsoring it; other than Audible. CNET is just advertising it.

And yes, it's still an active offer. I got it a few days ago.
Old 01-14-2015, 11:19 AM   #60
Jenga5238
Enthusiast
Jenga5238 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jenga5238 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jenga5238 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jenga5238 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jenga5238 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jenga5238 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jenga5238 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jenga5238 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jenga5238 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jenga5238 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jenga5238 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Kindle, iPhone
Thanks for another 3 cheap credits team! I got a couple items from my wish list and re-started my subscription with another super cheap credit. This forum is great!
Closed Thread