Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 10-17-2014, 07:00 AM   #1
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
I goofed up settings in 3.5.1 and now CC will not start

I installed the update and it was working.

Then I went into settings and checked the box to allow CC to send book formats to CC if the copy in calibre is newer than the copy in CC. I also checked the option to sort by date last read when groups is selected (I can't remember exactly how that was worded, so hopefully I am making sense). Now when I try to open CC it immediately crashes.

I am not sure what I should do to fix the issue. I would change the setting back to do nothing when groups is selected but I can't get the app to open.

ETA: I have a Nexus 7 (2nd generation), Android version 4.4.4
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 08:18 AM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by library addict View Post
I installed the update and it was working.

Then I went into settings and checked the box to allow CC to send book formats to CC if the copy in calibre is newer than the copy in CC. I also checked the option to sort by date last read when groups is selected (I can't remember exactly how that was worded, so hopefully I am making sense). Now when I try to open CC it immediately crashes.

I am not sure what I should do to fix the issue. I would change the setting back to do nothing when groups is selected but I can't get the app to open.

ETA: I have a Nexus 7 (2nd generation), Android version 4.4.4
I looked at the crash reports available on the google developer console and was able to identify the problem. It seems that CC was trying to sort on a custom column that doesn't exist in some books. I fixed the crash and pushed CC V3.5.2 to Google Play.

At this point you can either wait and download the new release (sometime in the next hour or two), or you can in effect re-install CC, which "fix" the problem by forcing CC to forget the sort. You do this by going to Android settings, choosing "Apps", then Calibre Companion, then tapping "clear data". Note that this will also clear CC's database, which means you will need to do a reconnect as wireless device to rescan books.

If I were you, I would wait.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-17-2014, 08:24 AM   #3
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I shall wait then. Thanks!
Old 10-17-2014, 01:35 PM   #4
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
The new version should be available to you by now. If you haven't been notified by the play store, go to it manually.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 05:36 PM   #5
library addict
Grand Sorcerer

I just installed the new version and was able to open CC. Thanks so much.
Advert