Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 08-04-2023, 09:28 AM   #166
SteveEisenberg
Grand Sorcerer
SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Kids Edition, Fire HD 10 (11th generation)
The Geothe Institut has a large collection of German language eBooks for borrowing, with some English sprinkled in:

Anyone with permanent residence outside Germany can use our eLibrary.

Here’s an English title:

https://www.onleihe.de/goethe-instit...0-0-0-0-0.html
SteveEisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2023, 09:49 AM   #167
SteveEisenberg
Grand Sorcerer
SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Kids Edition, Fire HD 10 (11th generation)
University of South Africa - African Digital Library

Quote:
The African Digital Library (ADL) is a collection of electronic books (eBooks) that can be accessed and used free-of-charge by any person living on the African continent. Individuals can access the library from any PC that is connected to the Internet in Africa.
SteveEisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2023, 06:03 AM   #168
Whitegh10
Whitegh10 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Paperwhite
Hi there,

I see from previous posts in this thread that some people have managed to sign up for a Metropolitan Library non-resident card, including those outside the US.

I’m outside the US and when I emailed them with an application back in the summer, they said they were currently reviewing whether to continue offering non-resident access to international users. They said they would let me know when a decision has been made, but I’ve not heard back since. I checked in on the chat but no updates from that either.

I was just wondering if anyone else had heard anything about this, or been able to renew their Metro access from overseas? Thanks!
Whitegh10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2024, 01:02 PM   #169
NNolan
Compulsive Gadget Geek
NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: One of each, and two in some cases
I'm trying to sign up for a non-resident Metropolitan card from Virginia, and the answer was that I can have one this year, but they're going to restrict them to Oklahoma residents only next year.

Last edited by NNolan; 01-06-2024 at 01:06 PM.
NNolan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2024, 01:50 PM   #170
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by NNolan View Post
I'm trying to sign up for a non-resident Metropolitan card from Virginia, and the answer was that I can have one this year, but they're going to restrict them to Oklahoma residents only next year.
I'm very sad about it but I can understand it.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2024, 02:42 PM   #171
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by NNolan View Post
I wonder if that means this calendar year? I'm interested, but not until later in the year.
issybird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2024, 06:11 PM   #172
Manabi
Wizard
Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Galaxy S22
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
I wonder if that means this calendar year? I'm interested, but not until later in the year.
Given the wording and timing, it sounds like they're making the change for 2025.
Manabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2024, 07:10 AM   #173
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
Back in April, when I got my card from Metropolitan, this was in their response:

Quote:
In the future, we are probably only going to offer annual fee cards to Oklahoma residents – but we’ll continue to honor any existing card belonging to out-of-state residents. You can respond to this email with a picture of your ID and the rest of your info, if you want. Thanks for your interest in the Metro Library!
copyrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2024, 10:57 AM   #174
Whitegh10
Whitegh10 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Paperwhite
Thanks everyone for your updates about Metropolitan Library access.

I’m sad it seems I won’t be able to join as an international non-resident from what others have heard (as their Libby collection looks amazing) but at least I won’t be holding my breath waiting for a response from them.
Whitegh10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2024, 11:14 AM   #175
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitegh10 View Post
Thanks everyone for your updates about Metropolitan Library access.

I’m sad it seems I won’t be able to join as an international non-resident from what others have heard (as their Libby collection looks amazing) but at least I won’t be holding my breath waiting for a response from them.
I renewed my out-of-state Metropolitan Library card last week; no one mentioned anything about restricting access in the future.

Meanwhile--I was thinking about adding another out-of-state library card, largely because my current libraries have severely restricted the number of holds allowed in OverDrive. I was thinking of Stark Library, but I can't find current info on number of digital loans/holds allowed. Does anyone know? Thanks.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2024, 07:19 PM   #176
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
I renewed my out-of-state Metropolitan Library card last week; no one mentioned anything about restricting access in the future.

Meanwhile--I was thinking about adding another out-of-state library card, largely because my current libraries have severely restricted the number of holds allowed in OverDrive. I was thinking of Stark Library, but I can't find current info on number of digital loans/holds allowed. Does anyone know? Thanks.
20 loans
30 holds
$50 annual fee
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2024, 02:10 PM   #177
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fbone View Post
20 loans
30 holds
$50 annual fee
Thank you!
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote