Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 07-26-2016, 09:02 PM   #331
Atunah
Wizard
Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1/K3/BasicK Voyage/Oasis1/Oasis3
I got a couple of slow shipping credits today, they are good to November 20th. The ones I got in June said the same. The one I got in May said July 31.

I already used all the others, so I am starting again with the ones from today and there will be more. I use them on ebooks and instant video.
Atunah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 09:06 PM   #332
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
I contacted CS today. They had me do Everything to the Stick. Nope didn't work... 2 more hours wasted ugh. They are sending me another Fire Stick tho. A Refurbished Voice Fire Stick... don't like refurbished.. But will see. Not sure why Voice. Well it suppose to be here Friday.... So I'll post & let everyone interested how it goes.
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 05:21 PM   #333
Manabi
Wizard
Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Galaxy S22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
I contacted CS today. They had me do Everything to the Stick. Nope didn't work... 2 more hours wasted ugh. They are sending me another Fire Stick tho. A Refurbished Voice Fire Stick... don't like refurbished.. But will see. Not sure why Voice. Well it suppose to be here Friday.... So I'll post & let everyone interested how it goes.
Isn't the Voice version a slight upgrade? I know it sells for $10 more, and even the refurb of it is $5 more than the plain Fire TV stick. So they're giving you an upgrade!

I wouldn't worry about it being refurbished. A lot of times those are actually better quality because someone has personally checked it out before it gets resold. And many of them aren't "refurbished" so much as "repackaged." Returned, but opened, items often get sold as refurbished. They're checked over to make sure they work, then repackaged. I've got two Nook HD+s I bought refurbished and they're still doing great three years later. Also got a nice digital camera I bought refurbished several years back (forget when exactly) and it's been great too!

They probably went with a refurbished Voice version because they're in stock. Right now the regular Fire TV stick is shown as in-stock on August 5th, and the Voice version as in-stock on July 30th.
Manabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 06:10 PM   #334
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manabi View Post
Isn't the Voice version a slight upgrade? I know it sells for $10 more, and even the refurb of it is $5 more than the plain Fire TV stick. So they're giving you an upgrade!

I wouldn't worry about it being refurbished. A lot of times those are actually better quality because someone has personally checked it out before it gets resold. And many of them aren't "refurbished" so much as "repackaged." Returned, but opened, items often get sold as refurbished. They're checked over to make sure they work, then repackaged. I've got two Nook HD+s I bought refurbished and they're still doing great three years later. Also got a nice digital camera I bought refurbished several years back (forget when exactly) and it's been great too!

They probably went with a refurbished Voice version because they're in stock. Right now the regular Fire TV stick is shown as in-stock on August 5th, and the Voice version as in-stock on July 30th.
I don't think so. After all you can get a FREE app that does the same thing. I would rather have a New TV Stick with out the voice than some ones reject. After all How much time is a Company going to spend on Defects for a $20 item.... None IMO
Old 07-29-2016, 01:09 PM   #335
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Katie1: re "PW 2 & 3 kept eating my books so I couldn't read them.. I put them on they Vanish! Yet Calibre & my PC said they were there. "

Were you changing the titles via Calibre, and also had them assigned to some Cloud Collections? I had lots of trouble with that last December. I finally had to stop changing the books' titles (I was prepending series info) so that I could still FIND them on the Kindle.

I could download them via Calibre (with changed titles), and since I was doing about a dozen at once, I had time to dismount the kindle and turn it on --- and WATCH the titles be initially there, and then "disappear". That really feels like a "you changed the title on me" issue. So I stopped trying to change the titles and then the books showed up just fine.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 01:27 PM   #336
Barbara1955
Non-Techy

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
Katie1: re "PW 2 & 3 kept eating my books so I couldn't read them.. I put them on they Vanish! Yet Calibre & my PC said they were there. "

Were you changing the titles via Calibre, and also had them assigned to some Cloud Collections? I had lots of trouble with that last December. I finally had to stop changing the books' titles (I was prepending series info) so that I could still FIND them on the Kindle.

I could download them via Calibre (with changed titles), and since I was doing about a dozen at once, I had time to dismount the kindle and turn it on --- and WATCH the titles be initially there, and then "disappear". That really feels like a "you changed the title on me" issue. So I stopped trying to change the titles and then the books showed up just fine.
NO! The last 20 I got Direct from Amazon.. I DL they Vanish. I Never had these problems with K3 I Havent had them with the Fires. So Has to be the PW. & I am not the only one... just google it
Old 07-29-2016, 04:14 PM   #337
Barbara1955
Non-Techy

I just go the Replacement TV Stick.... GET THIS: Came in a Huge envelope & the ONLT thing in the envelope is a Stick Nothing Else! No Cables No way to hook it up! No Voice Remote Control!! Now I have to Unpack the old one to get the parts I need. On top of this I HAVE to Mail the Original Purchsed TV Stick & Everything IN its Box back to Amazon... HOW am I to use this with out the cables?? BTW IF I Don't retun the other one I have to PAY $44 for it

THIS ONE is WORST! 1st I got that Setup promo flim ALL Pix out! Then when I Tried to play a Movie ALL GREEN with a spinning circle! I had it Asking for my Money back!

UPDATE!!!!

Amazon Never got the TV Sticks I sent back on Aug 3rd!! I think I know what happened! I Truly believe the Worker that scanned my package into the UPS system STOLE them! He just asked too many questions... then they Vanished. Just wanted you folks to know so IF packages don't seem to be moving Don't wait 12 Days like I did Report it ASAP!
Now I sitting her wondering IF I should go report this to the UPS store Mgr? Ideas???

Last edited by Barbara1955; 08-16-2016 at 05:57 PM.
Old 07-29-2016, 04:22 PM   #338
GlenBarrington
Cheese Whiz
GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Tab A 10.1(2019), Pixel 6a.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Froide View Post
Wowza! Some say "da Bronx", Detroit, parts of L.A., and various other American cities are bad, but I think your Texas story takes the cake. Thanks for the morning chuckle.
Well, to be fair, compared to Central Illinois, the areas around Austin and San Antonio seem pretty darned friendly to me. Even the grocery checkers at the HBC (Regional Grocery store chain) will not only talk to you, they will look you in the eye!
GlenBarrington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 06:01 PM   #339
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Quote:
Originally Posted by arcadata View Post
I don't know if this is still related to Prime Day, but I got a $3 credit from Amazon via this link. Just sign in to check if you're eligible.
Has anyone used this credit? I had an accidental purchase that used a $1 credit I had, but didn't use this $3 credit.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 07:43 PM   #340
Barbara1955
Non-Techy

I got the same credit. Tho I just bought 3 e-books just an hour before YES I used it. Got a $2.99 book then the next day I got a .99 book they took a whole penny off of
Old 08-27-2016, 03:34 AM   #341
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Last Day -- Amazon $10 Credit -- exp 27 Aug @ 11:59 PM PT

Today is the last day to spend the $10 promo credit Amazon was giving away on Prime Day (12 Jul) when you purchased a $50 gift card. See this post for details of the original offer.

• The $10 promotional credit expires at 11:59 p.m. (PT) August 27, 2016.
  • The maximum benefit you may receive from this offer is a $10 promotional credit.
  • Promotional credit applies only to eligible products sold by Amazon.com, Inc. and its affiliates and does not apply to products sold by third-party merchants through the Amazon.com site.
  • Savings from the promotional credit will be reflected on the final checkout page on qualifying orders.

Terms & Conditions

Spoiler:
Quote:
In order to qualify for the promotional credit, you must purchase at least $50 in qualifying Amazon.com Gift Cards ("GCs") in a single order at Amazon.com on July 12, 2016 by 11:59 PM (PT), and click the yellow "Click to add the code" button or enter the promotional code "GCPRIME16" in the "Gift Cards and Promotional Codes" box when you check out.

This is a limited time offer.
This offer is good only on July 12, 2016, and while supplies last.
The offer is limited to one promotional credit per customer and account.
The offer only applies to Amazon.com Gift Cards sold and delivered by ACI Gift Cards, Inc.
Amazon.com Gift Cards do not expire and are subject to Gift Card Terms and Conditions at www.amazon.com/gc-legal.
Amazon.com Gift Cards are not refundable or redeemable for cash, except as required by law.
Taxes, shipping and handling, and gift wrap charges do not apply when determining minimum purchase amount.
Minimum purchase amount must be for at least $50 in combined GC value, and the GCs must be purchased in a single order at Amazon.com.
This offer is not valid on (1) Amazon.com Email GCs or Amazon.com Gift Card Balance Reloads that are purchased prior to July 12, 2016 or purchased on July 12, 2016 but scheduled for delivery after July 12, 2016 or (2) any Amazon.com GCs delivered as an Allowance.
For qualifying purchases, a $10 promotional credit will be automatically applied to the Amazon customer account used to purchase the GCs within two (2) days after the qualifying order has shipped.
The $10 promotional credit expires at 11:59 p.m. (PT) August 27, 2016.
The maximum benefit you may receive from this offer is a $10 promotional credit.
Promotional credit applies only to eligible products sold by Amazon.com, Inc. and its affiliates and does not apply to products sold by third-party merchants through the Amazon.com site.
Savings from the promotional credit will be reflected on the final checkout page on qualifying orders.
This offer is available to Prime members only.
Amazon reserves the right to modify or cancel the offer at any time.
Offer is non-transferable and may not be resold.
If products or content purchased with the promotional credit are returned (subject to applicable refund policies), the amount of the promotional credit used to purchase such items will be subtracted from your return credit.
If you violate any of these terms, the offer will be invalid.
The offer is void where prohibited.
Promotional credits (including those placed directly in accounts) may not be redeemed for Amazon.com Gift Cards.
Additional restrictions apply, see www.amazon.com/promos for details.

Last edited by tubemonkey; 08-27-2016 at 04:26 AM.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote