Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 06-21-2013, 10:09 PM   #1
romeooooo5
romeooooo5 began at the beginning.

Device: eDGe Entourage v2.0
Stuck at serial booting when says "Hit any key to stop autoboot"

Ok so here is the situation i connected my EE serial and using Termite ok there is output text on the Termite but the situation is when i get the message "Hit any key to stop autoboot:3 2 1 0 " I keep pressing keys and nothing happens! so it keeps autobooting and dunno whats wrong! :|
romeooooo5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 04:56 AM   #2
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle dx; eDGe
A little more information would help.

Why are you trying to use serial boot?
What firmware is on your EE?
What messages are you getting on the terminal?
What are the settings for the serial port?

Without that you are asking something like 'how long is a piece of string?'
ivanjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-22-2013, 09:22 AM   #3
romeooooo5
romeooooo5 began at the beginning.

Device: eDGe Entourage v2.0
Well i think that happened when tried to update the firmware and all of a sudden the e part image became like striped white and it didn't want to start no more even tried to restart more than one time and no hope
what firmware ! am really srry but don't really remember but if it helps i didnt update firmware before but i think that was for PE not EE and that maybe the prob :|
for messages in the terminal i attached a file with it all but at the part at "Hit any key to stop autoboot" i press keys but nothing happens only keeps on counting down and autoboots! :|
data bits 8
stop bits 1
parity none
flow control none
transmitted text : append LF (which was the default and i dunno what that is! )
and at last thank you for helping! if is there anyway to help u know something else just tell me what to do and i will try my best!
Attached Files
File Type: txt Terminal.txt (25.2 KB, 1105 views)
romeooooo5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 12:49 PM   #4
rixeta
Enthusiast
rixeta can extract oil from cheeserixeta can extract oil from cheeserixeta can extract oil from cheeserixeta can extract oil from cheeserixeta can extract oil from cheeserixeta can extract oil from cheeserixeta can extract oil from cheeserixeta can extract oil from cheese

Device: Edge Entourage
i had the same prob.

you should use indigo terminal emulator great application.
rixeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 09:16 AM   #5
froydman
froydman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.froydman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.froydman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.froydman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.froydman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.froydman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.froydman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.froydman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.froydman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.froydman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.froydman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket eDGe
I had this happen too, turns out that the terminal wasn't the "active window" or however you put it. Just click in the terminal window with your mouse, then start hitting keys.

That OR you have to hit keys from the get go since the terminal program is slow.

I can't remember which one worked for me...
froydman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert