Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-18-2010, 01:39 AM   #1
q345
q345 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Question Help : converting from EPUB to FB2 : spacing between words is frequently missing

Hi all !

I converted couple for EPUB books to FB2 format for Palm Fiction reader (To read it on my old trusted Palm T|X )
Everything is OK except for the fact that each 6 or 7th word (approximately) on Palm T|X screen is jammed with the next one ( no space between them) for instance "tocontinue" instead "to continue". When looks on both formats on my desktop the problem doesn't exist - it's only shows on Palm T|X regardless of font size etc. It's still readable but quite annoying.

Might it be that the space is not inserted if conversion program "thinks" there is a new line. Any advices how to change settings to fix it ?

One additional thing : if I convert from EPUB to LIT and then from LIT to FB2, the problem goes away and spacing is normal.

Last edited by q345; 09-18-2010 at 02:35 AM.
q345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 11:41 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Yu shoud opena bug report and attach one of these EPUB files.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert