Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-22-2009, 08:08 AM   #1
Sakura
Enthusiast
Sakura began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 1 & DX
Unhappy DX very short battery life

I just got my new DX and the battery doe not last even 24 hours and I do have the whispernet off.
Sakura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 08:14 AM   #2
Lilly
Guru
Lilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it is

Device: Sony PRS-505, PRS-900 & PRS-950, Amazon Kindle2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura View Post
I just got my new DX and the battery doe not last even 24 hours and I do have the whispernet off.
When I got my Kindle 2, it barely lasted 5 days with a full battery charge. I think after a month now I can get more then double that, almost 2 weeks. I don't know what changed? So maybe after a few charge, the battery life will increase.
Lilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-22-2009, 08:24 AM   #3
Sakura
Enthusiast

Hi Lilly Thank you for your response

But mine does not even last 24 hours
Old 06-22-2009, 09:20 AM   #4
sirbruce
Provocateur
sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, Kindle 2, Kindle DX, iPhone 3GS
Did you load a lot of books onto it?

I would recharge it again and see how long it lasts this next time.
sirbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 12:05 PM   #5
Sakura
Enthusiast

only 3 books

I recharge it for the second time and it still drains pretty fast compared to my old kindle 1
Advert
Old 06-22-2009, 12:15 PM   #6
kevindorsey
Evangelist
kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: kindle
Try the process again, and if it dies again in 24hrs, you need to pack that bitch and send it back for a replacement.
kevindorsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 12:27 PM   #7
sirbruce
Provocateur
sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, Kindle 2, Kindle DX, iPhone 3GS
Agreed.
sirbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 01:07 PM   #8
Lilly
Guru
Lilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it is

Device: Sony PRS-505, PRS-900 & PRS-950, Amazon Kindle2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindorsey View Post
Try the process again, and if it dies again in 24hrs, you need to pack that bitch and send it back for a replacement.
Yes, that's a great advice!
Lilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 01:27 PM   #9
jharker
Developer
jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: iRex iLiad v1, Blackberry Tour, Kindle DX, iPad.
Yes, I agree, if it doesn't get better, return it. When I got my Kindle DX I charged it up to full immediately, then it went down maybe 2 bars and I charged it back up, then I left on week-long trip. With the wireless off it hasn't been charged for more than a week and it's down to about half. I've been reading for an 1-3 hours every day.
jharker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 12:45 PM   #10
dwallbaum
Zealot
dwallbaum has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kindle2
Im not a Kindle guru, and I don't play one on the 'net, but could you be loading a bunch of material that is being indexed?

My K2's battery tanked until I realized (thru here!!) that indexing new material was sucking up all my go-juice.

Also, the battery seems to improve after a few discharge/recharge cycles.

Don
dwallbaum is offline   Reply With Quote