Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 06-29-2005, 06:06 PM   #1
Colin Dunstan
Is papyrophobic!
Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Dell Axim
TinyStock's PDF2Doc conversion tool

Cold sweat when I need to convert Adobe PDF into another e-book format. I've tried many solutions, none of which worked too well, especially with formatted PDF content. I might as well try TinyStocks's PDF2Doc, an Adobe Acrobat plugin which allows to extract text from a page or several pages and to convert it to the Palm doc format.

You need the full Adobe Acrobat suite though in order to use this tool!

[via PalmAddicts]
Colin Dunstan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2005, 07:05 PM   #2
BasilC
Zealot
BasilC is on a distinguished road

Device: Palm Tungsten T3
What about PDA Converter?

Adobe Acrobat costs serious money and I have no use for it anyway. I use either Repligo or a free program, PDA Converter, which works pretty much perfectly when the pdf document is just text. Convert the resulting html files to Plucker or iSilo.

The big problem is DRM-protected Adobe ebooks. If they're just text, then Adobe Reader for Palm works (but is still poor), but if the book has tables or diagrams it really mangles them.
BasilC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert