Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2017, 07:45 AM   #31
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by djsmasm View Post
yes, that's what I asked you!

and it has fixed one of the two readers.......

the 2nd one seems to have a resolution problem, but it displays something that can be read......
My reaction to that is that the screen is damaged. Post a photo so we can see.
Quote:
by the way, I couldn't do a factory reset as both readers didn't display anything!
You can do a factory reset while starting any Kobo device. A lot of the image requests can probably be solved by doing this properly.
Old 03-07-2017, 08:50 AM   #32
djsmasm
djsmasm began at the beginning.

Device: kobo glo hd
it's brand new and not damaged because it displays the same thing on the other reader, so guess I've bought it for nothing as it's not the good one.......
Advert
Old 03-07-2017, 04:36 PM   #33
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsmasm View Post
it's brand new and not damaged because it displays the same thing on the other reader, so guess I've bought it for nothing as it's not the good one.......
You can try an external factory reset. See https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kob...ing_squares.22. Those are for the Aura H2O, but the sets are the same.

But, if it is brand new, and you are sure the screen hasn't been damaged, then it it might be faulty and you should return it.
Old 03-08-2017, 03:48 AM   #34
djsmasm
djsmasm began at the beginning.

Device: kobo glo hd
don't bother, I've stupidly (yes, again.....) destroyed the screen connector........LOL

and I live in france, so I won't even look for the shipping costs to send the screen back to china as it would be too much.....

besides, I have another reader to fix, but I don't know how to remove the old touch from its broken screen without breaking it as it seems to be firmly glued to it........lol
Old 03-11-2017, 10:45 PM   #35
ZackM77
ZackM77 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
I have my kobo glo HD bricked I have tried factory reset and all recommended steps from the kobo's web site and it does not work could somebody send me the sd image to fix it?

pls
Advert
Old 03-12-2017, 12:37 AM   #36
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 05-06-2017, 02:34 PM   #37
bondMD
bondMD began at the beginning.

Device: kobo aura hd
Need Kobo Aura HD SD Image, please. A SD card format? bondautomatic@gmail.com
Old 05-06-2017, 08:02 PM   #38
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent in response to the other post.
Old 05-20-2017, 12:17 PM   #39
bcglorfindel
bcglorfindel began at the beginning.

Same problem here. Hobo Glo HD bricked when running update from Kobo. Tried factory resets and no luck. Any chance I can get a copy of the image and reset my SD Card manually? thx
Old 05-20-2017, 08:15 PM   #40
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 05-20-2017, 09:14 PM   #41
bcglorfindel
bcglorfindel began at the beginning.

thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
PM sent.
Thanks
Old 06-01-2017, 10:37 PM   #42
Smagar
Smagar began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo glo hd
Hello my kobo glo hd is bricked too. David do you still have the sd card image
Old 06-01-2017, 10:57 PM   #43
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 06-01-2017, 11:27 PM   #44
MarcusVR
MarcusVR began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo (N613)
Wow, you're really fast, man! Thanks a lot, Davidfor!
Old 06-01-2017, 11:36 PM   #45
MarcusVR
MarcusVR began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo (N613)
Wrong thread.

Last edited by MarcusVR; 06-01-2017 at 11:54 PM.
Closed Thread