Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 04-21-2008, 12:01 AM   #1
Savonarola
Savonarola began at the beginning.

Device: iLiad
three dumb questions from a Mac-using newbie and incompetent fool.

Hi, sorry, dumb questions I'm sure. Any help out there?
i) I installed (or thought I did) the Java scribble-merge app and can get it to appear on my Mac, no problem, but when I browse my Iliad from my mac I can't find anything to merge. Should I have installed something on the Iliad itself? How? What am I looking for...? How do I get this working?
ii) I have the bookmark-'n'-full-screen ipdf (which is genius, thank you kind programmer) but cannot work out how to delete no-longer-required bookmarks I've made on pdfs.
iii) I have downloaded some out-of-copyright PDFs from Google books, which are big (15Mb or so) files, but pdfs nonetheless, and not DRMed, and the Iliad (v.2) can see them and display the file names, but when I try to open them it cycles for a minute, burps, and goes back to the file list, without opening anything. Any way I can get those open?

Apologies if these have already been answered elsewhere, I did try to find them.
Savonarola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 01:56 AM   #2
saniko
saniko is on a distinguished road

Device: iRex iLiad
Holy crap! I recommended many of those things to you and I have no clue either. I'm trying to open a google pdf at the moment too... the only pdf I've had any issues with. I've never tried the Java app
saniko is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert