Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-11-2008, 02:21 PM   #1
KlondikeGeoff
Wombat Aficionado
KlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enough

Device: Fire, Kindle1, Sony PRS-500 Reader, Rocket 1100 eBook
Book signing for Kindles

So, what is the poor author do do when somebody who has bought the Kindle version of his book brings the device in to a book signing?
KlondikeGeoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 03:11 PM   #2
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
I expect the ideas we came up with for the Reader would probably apply.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-12-2008, 02:56 PM   #3
tsgreer
Lovin' the e-book life...
tsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with others

Device: Ebookwise 1150, Sony PRS-505, Amazon Kindle, BeBook (with OpenInkpot)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KlondikeGeoff View Post
So, what is the poor author do do when somebody who has bought the Kindle version of his book brings the device in to a book signing?
I was almost in the situation! Jim Butcher (the Dresden Files) was at a local book store and I thought about having him sign the inside cover of my Kindle. I had just finished the first book and thought it would be cool.

But then I couldn't get off of work in time.

But it's still something that would be cool. Imagine the inside of your Kindle cover filled with different authors signatures. That would be pretty cool...
tsgreer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 12:45 PM   #4
markbot
Guru
markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite 2
they could put the book on a small memory card that is placed in some nice packaging. and then sign the packaging.
markbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 08:35 AM   #5
WillAdams
Wizard
WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite (300ppi), Samsung Galaxy Book 12
The nice packaging for ebook thing has been done --- William Gibson's _A Book of the Dead_ if memory serves, though it was a floppy.

Also nice was the packaging Apple did for their game _Through the Looking Glass_ --- I've always wanted to find the time to take my copy to MacWorld and try to get all the developers to sign it.

William
WillAdams is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert