Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-16-2011, 12:09 AM   #1
jericho
jericho began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs-t1
can't create new collections on T1

Hi, I just got a T1 as few days ago I have used Calibre to load it up with a bunch of books and collections. Now when I try to create a new collection on the reader itself, I get the following error: "Error: New collection cannot be created since the created collections have reached the limit. Please delete unnecessary created collections.". I have already deleted dozens of existing collections to see if I can get below whatever the limit is yet I still get this error, adding new collections via Calibre still works fine though. Anyone know how I can resolve this?

Thanks
jericho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 12:19 AM   #2
twinszz
Connoisseur
twinszz will become famous soon enoughtwinszz will become famous soon enoughtwinszz will become famous soon enoughtwinszz will become famous soon enoughtwinszz will become famous soon enoughtwinszz will become famous soon enough

Device: prs 300, 600, 950, 350, & T1
From what others have posted, collections can't be made on the reader itself, nor can you delete from the collections from the reader itself.
twinszz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-16-2011, 12:26 AM   #3
mcrmama
Addict
mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.

Device: Kobo Aura One
I have created collections on my mom's reader after transferring from calibre. I don't have calibre manage them though. Collections are created when I transfer from calibre, but I don't sync it so to speak. Is that the reason?
mcrmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 01:46 AM   #4
Mhtsos
Enthusiast
Mhtsos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mhtsos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mhtsos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mhtsos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mhtsos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mhtsos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mhtsos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mhtsos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mhtsos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mhtsos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mhtsos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer Iconia A210,Sony PRS-T1(sold),Cybook Orizon,Kobo Glo,Kindle PW2
Quote:
From what others have posted, collections can't be made on the reader itself, nor can you delete from the collections from the reader itself.
I can delete and rename collections in my T1(although I haven't yet tried to create one).

I manage my device with Calibre.
Mhtsos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 02:27 AM   #5
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
I can create collections in the T1 (I've already done it). I haven't tried to delete them yet. I have sent some books (creating collections) from calibre and I've directly downloaded from Sony, Philadelphia Free Library and Kobo, and I've added to collections created by me.

I think that you can't manage in the device the collections you create with the Reader in your computer.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-16-2011, 03:00 AM   #6
Gilmartin
Zealot
Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, PW2
I've deleted and created collections on my T1 without any problem.
Gilmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 08:53 AM   #7
twinszz
Connoisseur
twinszz will become famous soon enoughtwinszz will become famous soon enoughtwinszz will become famous soon enoughtwinszz will become famous soon enoughtwinszz will become famous soon enoughtwinszz will become famous soon enough

Device: prs 300, 600, 950, 350, & T1
Terisa, you said what I should have been more clear about in the last sentence.

Sorry for the confusion. However, have any of you been able to delete single books from a collection or you simply deleted the whole collection from the reader itself?

I use Calibre for my collections and they go onto the reader, however, I was not able to delete individual books or change my collections on the reader itself, without the aide of computers.
twinszz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 09:38 AM   #8
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!
Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, Kobo: A1, Clara, Libra 2, iPad Pro 11, iPad Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinszz View Post
That is extremely wrong information! You most certainly can create collections on the reader. As for deleting them, it depends on how they were created. If on the reader itself - yes. If done on the Reader for PC and then synced to the device - no.
Shopaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 09:58 AM   #9
Mhtsos
Enthusiast
Mhtsos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mhtsos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mhtsos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mhtsos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mhtsos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mhtsos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mhtsos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mhtsos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mhtsos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mhtsos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mhtsos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer Iconia A210,Sony PRS-T1(sold),Cybook Orizon,Kobo Glo,Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shopaholic View Post
That is extremely wrong information! You most certainly can create collections on the reader. As for deleting them, it depends on how they were created. If on the reader itself - yes. If done on the Reader for PC and then synced to the device - no.
Also you can delete in the device the collections that were created in calibre.
Mhtsos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 12:56 PM   #10
jericho
jericho began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs-t1
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinszz View Post
I can both delete and rename collections from the Reader itself, it is just when trying to create a new collection that I get my error.
jericho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 01:38 PM   #11
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Well, I've just removed and added an ebook to an existing collection without problem.
Old 12-16-2011, 01:39 PM   #12
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
Well, I've just removed and added an ebook to an existing collection without problem.
Can you change the order of the books in a collection using just the T1?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 01:49 PM   #13
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

The order? I don't understand. Do you mean if the collections keep the order you've defined after leaving the collection instead of going to back to the default order? Yes, it keeps your order. I know because it drove me nuts at the 350 (till I fixed it at the PRS - no standard feature, coded by myself).
Old 12-16-2011, 01:55 PM   #14
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
With Reader Library, I can change the order the books appear in the collections on my 650. So if I have a series, I can put the book in series order or I can put books in the order I plan to read them.

Can I do this on the T1.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 12:10 PM   #15
bla
E bookworm
bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T1,Android Tablet, I phone
you can sort a collection by added order - date -title - author or file name.. just list your collection and tap the sort icon at the top rhs.of the screen, you can also freely add, delete, rename collections on the T1 again I ask why anybody would want to SYNC the device either with calibre or (shudder) the PC reader software? you loose control over stuff and its just as easy to do things the old fashioned way
bla is offline   Reply With Quote