Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 05-07-2011, 04:45 AM   #1
socman123
Edge User

I could use a suggestion or two

I just received my new red edge 10.1. I think it must have been one of the first ones made...no symbol on it and it seems to have a different (not so solid) feel to it. My issue is that I have tried to download Ermine (Beta) and while the edge says that new versions are available and that it's downloading things, nothing seems to ever happen. I tried three times to download newer versions, even an update from 1.6, but nothing seems to stick or get downloaded. Do I need to reset and start all over again with registration, etc..? Also, the tablet side interface looks different from the last EE I had in my hands. I hope I didn't get a defective unit as I can't return this.

I also get this Code 79 (Unknown Adobe error message) when I try to register the Edge. Is this common now?

Thanks for your consideration. Roger

Last edited by socman123; 05-07-2011 at 04:48 AM.

Old 05-07-2011, 09:08 AM   #2
borisb
Edge User

You can ignore the Adobe error for now, especially since you have an older firmware.

Some users (myself included, in the past), have to do the "download and update" process 5-10 times before it works, so just keep trying It might be more successful if you remove any SD Card and USB memory stick.

Advert
Old 05-07-2011, 10:36 AM   #3
socman123
Edge User

Thanks

I finally got the little notification down arrow to appear and I am currently downloading a newer version of software as I type this. Actually, the download/update just finished and it looks like Ermine has loaded! I love the newer interface.....another success story!

Thanks for the heads-up on the Adobe registration process. I will keep trying as you suggest.

This forum, and you folks with lots of experience and tech knowledge, are a God-send to those of us who are novices...so thanks to you and to all those who help those of us who might be stumbling in the dark. I must admit that I do not know much about the EE....yet. I really want to use it as a reader. I have to figure out how to read on the tablet side while taking notes on the e-reader side. I'll get there eventually.

I did use the EE my first time around at a couple of conferences, but I really didn't know all that much about its functionality. However, others at the conferences were impressed with what appeared to be capabilities to which they could relate. I'm still amazed that these units didn't sell like hotcakes to any professional....especially the pocket edge.

Again, thanks to you and to all of you guys who help us out.

Roger